- Post Date:March 8, 2022
- Views 668
- Career Level OfficerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: Programs Manager
Location: Mat South, Zimbabwe
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment. OPHID works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions. OPHID is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following post:
Under the Target, Accelerate and Sustain Quality Care (TASQC) for HIV Epidemic Control program, the Technical Officer will be a key member of the Provincial technical/program team and focused on spearheading Private-Public Partnerships (PPPs) in addition to coordinating technical assistance to the MOHCC at district and site level. Reporting to the Provincial Programs Manager, the Technical Officer will be responsible for coordinating training, technical assistance, and mentorship to private sector as well as to OPHID district teams. The Technical Officer will be a clinician with experience in HIV/TB, Cervical Cancer and infectious disease management and an experienced mentor with the ability to coach and mentor district teams. The successful incumbent will provide the expected deliverables for two provinces namely Bulawayo and Matabeleland South.
- Collaborate with Provincial and District MOHCC structures as well as City Health structures to facilitate service partnerships with private practitioners for differentiated ART delivery and adherence support for clients including access to HIV commodities, and laboratory services for specimen;
- Work with MoHCC and City Health to define minimum standards to be met by the prospective private sector players before participating in the program;
- Conduct assessments to ascertain standards, accredit private facilities and conduct continuous monitoring of minimum standard;
- Provide clinical technical guidance to MoHCC and relevant stakeholders on the design and implementation of facility and community-based HIV care and treatment services, Cervical Cancer and COVID-19 care for adults and children;
- Identify opportunities for integrating “state of the art” approaches into HIV care and treatment, Cervical Cancer and COVID-19 activities by supporting design and implementation of assessments, learning projects or piloting innovative interventions in current programs;
- Support capacity building of OPHID district programs teams, including Health Quality Services Nurses and Community Health Services Nurses, through completion of workbooks;
- Support quality improvement initiatives at both facility and community level using the Model for Quality Improvement, Total Quality Management or Kaizen;
- Conducting Internal SIMS visits to health facilities and health posts to ensure that the quality of service provision is in line with the donors’ expectations ;
- Facilitate Cervical Cancer, COVID-19, and HIV / TB Care and Treatment post-training mentorship to site-level health care workers (facility and community).
- MBChB or equivalent;
- A Master of Public Health or any related field is an added advantage;
- At least 3 years’ experience in public health;
- Experience managing a private sector health service is an added advantage;
- Demonstrable technical and clinical knowledge in Adult and Paediatric HIV Care and Treatment, including Cervical Cancer Screening;
- Familiarity with MOHCC guidelines for COVID-19, HIV Prevention Care and Treatment, Cervical Cancer Screening and Treatment and Tuberculosis are is must;
- Experience in quality improvement at the health facility and community level;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player;
- Good communicator with sound interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with various MOHCC stakeholders;
- Well organized and able to prioritize work and understanding his/her work outputs;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), and online collaboration technologies;
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and familiarity with PEPFAR MER indicators and reporting requirements.
- Step 1: Complete online application here
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age. OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees). While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorized to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. If you do not receive any communication within a month from the date of closing, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Deadline: 11 March 2022 (4pm)