Technical Lead / Institutional Development
- Post Date:May 13, 2021
- Views 287
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
An international development organization is seeking applications from Zimbabwean nationals for the position of Technical Lead for Institutional Development Component of a larger governance program based in Harare.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant will perform the following duties:
- Manage the Institutional Development Component and activities under this component focusing on institutional capacity building, organizational development, and professional development of staff, including delivery of in-person and online learning;
- In close collaboration with programme leadership, manage, prepare and oversee programme delivery including organizing and delivery of trainings, workshops and technical assistance;
- Establish good rapport and working relationship with the Government of Zimbabwe counterparts, CSOs, members of academia, as well as other project staff and teammates;
- Supervise other local component staff, offer mentoring and guidance, and support and oversee their work quality and delivery;
- Work as a member of a larger team and coordinate with other components’ technical staff;
- Perform other programme related duties which may include preparation of reports, evaluation, and other management and oversight tasks related to successful implementation of the component.
- Excellent understanding of Zimbabwe’s governance and its functions.
- Prior working relations with the Government of Zimbabwe; and the Parliament in particular, strongly preferred;
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience in the field of governance and interacting with GoZ officials, including those in high offices.
- Demonstrated ability to deal fairly and evenly with all political parties, and a reputation for doing so, required;
- Relevant professional experience including a) organizing and leading training seminars and workshops; and/or b) program development, implementation and monitoring on development projects, preferred;
- Advanced university degree and professional training in political science, economics, law, public administration, public policy, education, or similar field, required;
- Prior work experience developing and/or providing training or technical advice to GoZ entities;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English with demonstrated competence in public speaking.
To apply, please email a curriculum vitae (CV) with cover letter and three professional references to [email protected] indicating in the subject line: Zimbabwe Institutional Development Component Lead. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 30 May 2021
Related Jobs (28)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract