Technical Lead - (DREAMS and ASRH)
- Post Date:June 2, 2021
- Views 341
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: Technical Director
Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment. OPHID works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions. OPHID is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following post.
Under the Target, Accelerate and Sustain Quality Care (TASQC) for HIV Epidemic Control program, the Technical Lead will be a key member of the Provincial technical/program team and focused on spearheading DREAMS and ASRH programs. Reporting to the Technical Director, the Technical Lead will work with district level staff and will be responsible for all technical aspects of the DREAMS and ASRH program, operational support, and coordination/networking, in line with organizational and national guidelines and targets. The successful incumbent will provide the expected deliverables for Matabeleland South and Bulawayo Province
- Coordinate implementation of district DREAMS and ASRH program activities (facility and community);
- Forge enduring relationships with MOHCC to ensure easy access to health facilities and a synergistic effort in implementing DREAMS and ASRH programs;
- Ensures the adoption of national DREAMS and ASRH strategies into district level implementation plans;
- Participate in strategic meetings and share program updates, progress on implementation plans and challenges that need the attention;
- Provide technical support to the Programs Team (Provincial and District) in adopting a data driven approach to resolving district level challenges affecting the DREAMS and ASRH program;
- Prepare the DREAMS annual budget and workplan in consultation with Technical Director;
- Work with the SIE Team to obtain reports that inform, and guide identification of services required by beneficiaries at the service delivery points;
- Oversee the use of organizational resources in line with OPHID’s policies, the grant agreement, and in compliance with the USAID rules and regulations as applicable;
- Submit monthly projections and monitor expenditure against budget, explaining any variations thereof;
- Support the MoHCC (Provincial and District) in implementing key DREAMS and ASRH activities;
- Work with the MoHCC to adopt, implement and monitor DREAMS and ASRH strategies for HIV prevention (HIV testing and counseling, Post-violence care for survivors of gender-based violence, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP);
- Support MoHCC health facilities in implementing appropriate systems that promote uptake of DREAMS and ASRH HIV prevention services;
- Support MoHCC health facilities to record DREAMS and ASRH HIV prevention services correctly and completely in appropriate registers, checklists, and other source documents;
- Support strategies to identify gaps and challenges impacting on DREAMS and ASRH HIV prevention and promoting site level QI solutions and/or adoption of best practices from other sites within the district;
- Support facility – community integration in the implementation of all DREAMS and ASRH HIV prevention activities (linkage and referral services);
- Promote site level DREAMS and ASRH HIV prevention data analysis (entry point yield analysis, cascade analysis) to improve quality of services and achievement of site targets;
- Submit timely, accurate and quality reports on all prevention activities conducted.
- Degree in Health or Social Sciences or related qualifications;
- A qualification in project management, health services management, monitoring and evaluation, data management or similar as well as a MSc in Public Health will be an added advantage;
- Certified USAID LIVES Training will be an added distinct advantage;
- At least 5 years’ experience in HIV and TB/HIV programs management at district level within MOHCC or the NGO technical assistance environment;
- Three years’ experience of supporting vulnerable AGYW especially counselling children’s survivors of violence;
- Experience working with adolescent girls and young women as a service provider of PrEP, reproductive health, and counselling for post violence care services;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), and online collaboration technologies.
- Step 1: Complete the Application Form here
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 8 June 2021
Related Jobs (7)
Assistant CCD Manager on July 3, 2021