Technical Lead - Covid-19
- Post Date:September 4, 2021
- Views 351
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: Technical Director
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment. OPHID works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions.
The Technical Lead – COVID-19 (TL-C19) will be a key member of the Program Management Team (PMT) focused on coordinating technical assistance to the MOHCC at national, provincial, district, and site level. The TL-C19 will be responsible for coordinating training, technical assistance, vaccine roll out and mentorship to district teams as well as coordinating and monitoring COVID-19 trainings (IPC, Case Management, Surveillance, Vaccination, Mental Health, and continuity of other essential services). The TL-C19 will be a clinician with experience in HIV/TB and infectious disease management and an experienced mentor with the ability to coach less-experienced clinical providers to implement COVID-19 care while maintaining essential services.
- Participate in National and provincial level COVID-19 planning (COVID-19 Case Management, PSM, and IPC pillar meetings) and review meetings;
- Coordinate OPHID’s participation in COVID-19 response activities at all levels;
- Support roll-out of surveillance strategies and routine data analysis for COVID-19 illness and explore syndromic illness among HIV/TB clients;
- Support sites to ‘zone’ services and ensure COVID-19 care is managed as well as essential health services to avert indirect morbidity and mortality;
- Build capacity of site level health care worker in non-COVID-19 sites to deliver high quality screening and referrals;
- Support the mentorship of health care workers working at isolation/quarantine facilities to provide appropriate HIV /TB care services and other essential services including NCDs and MNCH services;
- Coordinate the COVID-19 vaccination implementation programme support to MOHCC at a DHE level working with PMT and District programs management teams;
- Coordinate and facilitate supply chain management of commodities and equipment procured to support COVID-19 management in support of MOHCC provincial and district health management structures;
- To constantly ensure that OPHID supported HRH and the MOHCC locums who will be contributing to attainment of HIV targets are protected from COVID-19;
- To ensure that adequate PPE should be provided for facility teams, during outreaches and for the community volunteers supporting the TASQC program.
- A degree in medicine;
- MBChB, MD or equivalent;
- A master’s in public health will be added advantage;
- 3 to 8 years in public health – experience with infectious disease;
- Be familiar with WHO and MOHCC guidelines for management of COVID-19 and other infectious disease outbreak preparedness and response at provincial, district, facility, and community level;
- Experience in quality improvement at the clinical level, with experience in management of infection prevention and control;
- Sound understanding of public health technical areas;
- Experience with HIV/TB programs;
- Familiarity with Zimbabwean public-sector health system highly desirable.
- Step 1: Complete the application form here: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx…
Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 8 September 2021
Related Jobs (12)
Strategic Information Evaluation and Learning Director on October 14, 2021 Contract
Strategic Information and Evaluation Manager – Key Populations Programme on October 13, 2021 Contract