- Post Date:January 13, 2021
- Views 339
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not-for-profit human development organisation that is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions. ZHI is seeking applications for a Technical Director (TD) for an anticipated PEPFAR/USAID supported five-year DREAMS project in Zimbabwe. The focus of the project will be to Prevent new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) using the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) approach. Recruitment is contingent upon the successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval. This position is contingent upon USAID funding and approval.
The position will report to the Chief of Party (COP). Under the supervision of the COP, the TD is responsible for supporting program management and providing technical leadership and supervision of DREAMS project activities. The TD will provide technical oversight to the design and implementation of key components of the DREAMS program description.
- Collaborate with the COP to provide leadership to the program, ensure strategic program direction, and provide high quality technical assistance;
- Advise and support the COP in providing technical direction to project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals, expected results and reporting requirements;
- Ensure that project strategies and activities are evidence-based and in line with state-of-the-art, globally recognized best practices; as well as aligned with Zimbabwe’s National guidelines and policies;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the project technical strategies, adapting global and regional technical resources and tools as needed for the Zimbabwean context;
- Oversee a team of technical staff for the project and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members and ensure program activities are designed and implemented according to scope, on time and within budget;
- Identify technical assistance needs and training resources among project staff, community-based workers, partners etc. and coordinate technical assistance provision;
- Mobilize institutional and project resources, tools, best practices, innovations, technology to deliver a synergistic, evidence-based program;
- Provide technical leadership in the development of timely, high quality and regulation compliant reporting per ZHI and donor guidelines namely quarterly and annual reports, and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence and ensure timely submission of deliverables;
- Work closely with the project SI&E team to deliver project quality benchmarks, monitoring, evaluation and key lessons learned;
- Provides advisory services and technical assistance on various Project areas including research, capacity development, policy formulation, materials development, impact assessments and dissemination of information;
- Represent the project in technical meetings, conferences, and coordination platforms;
- Liaise with key partners and stakeholders to meet program objectives and deliver results
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field;
- Eight years of progressive experience implementing AGYW and/or DREAMS HIV prevention programs in a development context, with five of these years managing PEPFAR programs;
- Demonstrated experience at a mid- or senior level in the following areas:
- HIV prevention targeted to priority population;
- HIV prevention targeted to adolescents and youth; HTS;
- Positive Dignity, Health and Prevention; social and behavior change communications; community development; gender;
- GBV, social services and or public health project design, implementation, system strengthening, reporting and evaluation, including evaluation of evidence-based economic/ livelihood projects (preferably USG funded) for vulnerable groups, such as AGYW or graduation programming is required;
- Demonstrated experience in managing, coordinating and supervising a team working with local community organizations, families and communities;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level;
- Strong writing skills about program activities, outcomes and impact.
- Step 1: Complete the job application form here.
- Step 2: For a detailed job description visit www.zhi.co.zw and submit your CV and application letter via email [email protected] to clearly indicate the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap, or financial ability.
Deadline: 22 January 2021