- Post Date:May 15, 2021
- Views 611
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A Consortium of local NGOs seeks the services of key Programme management staff for an anticipated PEPFAR/USAID Zimbabwe supported DREAMS project. Developed by PEPFAR, DREAMS is an ambitious approach to programming for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) towards helping girls develop into Determined, Resilient, Empowered, Aids-free, Mentored and Safe women. In Zimbabwe, DREAMS Programming has been implemented since 2015. The anticipated project, Adolescent Girls Reaching their Dreams Activity, is targeting to advance DREAMS programming in Zimbabwe with the goal to reduce the number of new infections among adolescent girls and young women. The Activity is anticipated to run for a period of performance of five years starting in October 2021. This position is contingent upon USAID funding and approval.
The Technical Director will be responsible for management of the technical elements of the project, including leading technical teams, work planning and reporting.
- A master’s degree in public health or related field (social science) or a medical degree with additional post-graduation qualifications (e.g. post graduate degree in public health);
- A minimum of 10 years progressively responsible, professional-level experience managing public health programs with emphasis on HIV/AIDS;
- Experience working in Zimbabwe on HIV–related activities;
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to, the major issues affecting HIV/AIDS in all geographical regions of Zimbabwe, with in-depth knowledge of the implementation of HIV/AIDS, health, GBV and/or education programs for adolescent girls and young women in Zimbabwe.
Applications together with Resumes not exceeding three pages in length should be forwarded to [email protected]
- Resume should include three current and relevant professional references (with name, email address and phone number).
- Subject of the email should clearly indicate the position being applied for.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 May 2021
Related Jobs (12)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract