- Post Date:May 11, 2021
- Views 311
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A Consortium of local NGOs seeks the services of key Programme management staff for an anticipated PEPFAR/USAID Zimbabwe supported DREAMS project. Developed by PEPFAR, DREAMS is an ambitious approach to programming for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) towards helping girls develop into Determined, Resilient, Empowered, Aids-free, Mentored and Safe women. In Zimbabwe, DREAMS Programming has been implemented since 2015. The anticipated project, Adolescent Girls Reaching their Dreams Activity, is targeting to advance DREAMS programming in Zimbabwe with the goal to reduce the number of new infections among adolescent girls and young women. The Activity is anticipated to run for a period of performance of five years starting in October 2021. This position is contingent upon USAID funding and approval.
The Technical Director will be responsible for management of the technical elements of the project, including leading technical teams, work planning and reporting.
- Lead the development of sound program work-plans in line with national MOHCC guidance and USAID country plans; and implement the work-plans;
- Lead the program in the conceptualization and development of sound, innovative and cutting edge malaria control and elimination strategies/activities to achieve set program objectives, goals and targets;
- Develop enduring relationships with MOHCC technical leads, USAID technical staff and other thought leaders, and leverage such relationships to develop standards for implementation at all levels of the program;
- Lead the monitoring of program implementation activities through participation in strategic technical program meetings, data review meetings, implementation site visits;
- Develop and implement performance standards and performance management/monitoring tools for program staff and efficiently manage the program function to deliver the required outputs and outcomes;
- Champion the timely scale-up and implementation of all best practices and evidence generated from operations research and deep dives to achieve uniform program results across all geographies;
- Oversee the use of program resources in line policies, the grant agreement, and in compliance with the USAID rules and regulations as applicable; Lead the development of on boarding and capacity building material for all positions within the program;
- Lead the recruitment, orientation, capacity building, deployment, time and attendance management, performance management and performance appraisal of all human resources deployed within the program and ensure that such human resources meet the quality needed to achieve targets;
- Conduct regular financial management reviews, provide justification for any observed variances, and recommend remedial actions to closely align program implementation with budgets;
- Oversee the timely submission of accurate administrative documents and reports used in program implementation;
- Develop program reporting quality standards for all program activities for implementation at all levels of the healthcare system;
- Consolidate reports from program staff on all program implementation activities for the Chief of Party and MOHCC;
- Coordinate and develop contractual technical reports to USAID and ensure that such reports represent the true picture of program implementation as verified through field visits
- Guide and assist program staff on documentation and recording of program best practices for internal and external stakeholders;
- Develop best practice reports for dissemination to external stakeholders including peer reviewed journal articles, abstracts, and presentation at local, regional, and international conferences to enhance program visibility and recognition
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- A master’s degree in public health or related field (social science) or a medical degree with additional post-graduation qualifications (e.g. post graduate degree in public health);
- A minimum of 10 years progressively responsible, professional-level experience managing public health programs with emphasis on HIV/AIDS;
- Experience working in Zimbabwe on HIV–related activities;
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to, the major issues affecting HIV/AIDS in all geographical regions of Zimbabwe, with in-depth knowledge of the implementation of HIV/AIDS, health, GBV and/or education programs for adolescent girls and young women in Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Applications together with Resumes not exceeding three pages in length and in reverse chronological order starting with most recent experience should be forwarded to [email protected]
Resume should include three current and relevant professional references (with name, email address and phone number).
Subject of the email should clearly indicate the position being applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply for all positions.
Deadline: 18 May 2021 (COB)
Related Jobs (34)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist on July 22, 2021 Full Time
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract