Team Leader / Seed Specialist
- Post Date:April 22, 2021
- Views 401
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duration of contract: Four (4) years
In anticipation of funding, SNV Netherlands Development Organisation in Zimbabwe is inviting interested applicants to submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) for the position of Team Leader / Seed Specialist for Markets and Seeds Access Program (MASAP).
The project is meant to improve resilience in food security of smallholder households (especially women and youth) by increasing adoption and utilisation of improved open and self-pollinated varieties of small grains (sorghum and millets) and legumes (cowpeas and groundnuts) in Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The project has 3 outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Sustainable community owned enterprises and associations provide services that lead to smallholder farmers – in particular women and youth – having higher and diversified incomes resulting from adoption and utilization of small grains and legumes seeds and sales of these commodities.
- Outcome 2: Sustainable and predictable availability of EGS, access to affordable quality seeds of small grain and legume and related services by smallholder farmers through increased engagement of the private sector
- Outcome 3: Evidence based national agricultural and food security policies, as well as private sector plans, supportive of small grains and legumes sectors’ needs and interests, and that are gender and youth responsive, are developed and implemented.
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its current Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management.
- Execute overall project management;
- Guide the project set-up, including developing work plans, budgets and competence table with financial responsibilities and mandates;
- Build, strengthen and manage partnerships with regional governments, key partners, institutions and stakeholders;
- Manage donor relations;
- Overall management of all human, physical and financial resources related to the project;
- Monitor performance of the project management team to ensure all milestones set in the annual work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans;
- Account and report to SNV and the donor on project performance;
- Guide knowledge development, documentation and communication and branding in close collaboration with donor;
- Identify follow-up funding and partnership possibilities with country management and business development.
- Relevant high education qualification
- +10 years experience in agriculture including seed systems
- Experience in leading complex multi country Agriculture projects focusing on seeds (legumes and grains), experience programme management and leading teams in comparable size and scope as MASAP
- Strong social skills – able to influence and change behaviour in private and public sectors
- Professional experience in Southern Africa, preferably in Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Gender and youth experience
- Market systems development, M4P approaches, governance and public and private sector cooperation experience
Please apply by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab on this page and submitting an Expression of Interest which will include CV and past performance referees in English before 23 April 2021.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SNV does not require you to undergo any medical test prior to employment