Team Leader - Humanitarian, Livelihoods And Development
- Post Date:February 14, 2021
- Views 378
- Qualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 YearsIndustry Non Governmental
A national Faith Based Organisation involved in development, advocacy and humanitarian work seeks to fill vacancies that have arisen for various projects. The projects are based in Masvingo, Manicaland, Midlands, Bulawayo and Harare for coordination and logistics purposes.
Purpose of the position
The Team Leader – Humanitarian, Relief, Recovery, Livelihoods and Development will oversee effective and efficient implementation of humanitarian, livelihoods and development projects as well as ensure timely planning and implementation of project activities.
Areas of responsibility and specific duties
- Coordinate implementation of all humanitarian, relief, recovery, livelihoods and development projects;
- Facilitate the promotion of Climate Smart Agriculture and resilience building to improve food security among rural communities;
- Coordinate and monitor establishment of Food Hubs, health Hubs and Education Hubs in in Church run Institutions and Communities;
- Ensure organisation is updated on Humanitarian and Development issues in the Country;
- Provide on-going problem-solving guidance for project staff regarding programmatic issues, planning issues, and difficulties encountered with local authorities and partners;
- Provide technical assistance in program planning, implementation and review.
Monitoring, Documentation, Communications and reporting:
- Develop and maintain project plans i.e annual plan, quarterly plan, monthly plan and weekly plan;
- Plan and lead routine program review meetings on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis;
- Develop and maintain a calendar and tracking tool for all reports, ensuring that Project Officers are aware of their reporting obligations;
- Monitor and track budget in line with implementation milestones;
- Compile project reports;
- Compile Concept notes and proposal development;
- Allocate resources according to set plans;
- Identify critical intractable bottlenecks and work with appropriate counterparts to propose solutions;
- Promote lessons learned, and best practices are being integrated into projects and plans, promoting a learning culture.
Coordination and Networking:
- Attend project coordination meetings;
- Ensure representation at UN Cluster Meetings, Ecumenical groups as well as other Fora;
- Stakeholder management.
- Manage, onboard, and coordinate training of project teams, ensuring capacity to fully implement program activities;
- Result based performance management of project officers.
Desired qualifications, technical skills and experience
- MSc in relevant discipline, including project management, monitoring and evaluation, Agriculture/Food Security, Development Studies or other related degree;
- At least 5 years’ experience in Project Management and Monitoring and Evaluation in NGO set up;
- Proven experience working on Livelihoods, WASH, Health, Education, Humanitarian and Recovery projects;
- Microsoft Office computer skills and experience with using email;
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities;
- The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building.
All applications, with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, scanned certificates and letter from learning institution and recommendation letter from your church leader should be sent via email to [email protected]
Subject of the email should clearly indicate the position being applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 18 February 2021 (4pm)