TB Evaluation Team Leader
- Post Date:May 11, 2021
- Views 533
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Assignment Title: TB Evaluation Team Leader
Department/Location: Global Health, Education, and Economic Growth Practice, Remote, home-based assignment with possible travel to Zimbabwe
Technical Point of Contact: IBTCI Project Director or his/her designee
IBTCI seeks a qualified candidate for an Evaluation Team Leader for the USAID/Zimbabwe TB Performance Evaluation, as part of the Monitoring and Evaluation to Collaborate, Learn, Adapt, and Knowledge Management Activity (MECLAK) Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Contracts. The purpose of this evaluation is to provide a measure of success and progress in the rollout of the new treatment regimens and highlight areas that need further improvement. The Evaluation Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring efficient and quality data collection in line with the final evaluation design and methods, and must have demonstrated experience in providing successful leadership under similar circumstances. This is a short-term technical consultant position, with anticipated start date at the beginning of August 2021 through May 2022. This position is contingent upon award.
Using your technical and subject matter skills, perform the following tasks that include, but may not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
- Provide team coordination, guidance, direction, and administrative and technical support to the contract;
- Act as the point of contact for the IBTCI Director responsible for the evaluation;
- Design, develop, and implement a performance evaluation on the four USAID supported TB activities;
- Develop improvement strategies collaboratively with stakeholders;
- Develop evaluation methodology, including development of inception report and drafting data collection tools;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of secondary data collection and/or other data collection methods as defined by the methodology
- Conduct document and literature review, key informant interviews virtually and possibly in-person;
- Coordinate the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data;
- Primary author of evaluation report in English;
- Present findings to USAID/Zimbabwe, other USAID offices and relevant stakeholders under the direction of the IBTI Project Direector;
- Provide other contributions to the evaluation implementation, based on the consultant skills, experience, and approved evaluation methodology; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- Ten years of technical expertise in TB and public health;
- Background in USAID’s cross-cutting program priorities, such as gender equality and women’s empowerment, and
- Previous work experience in the Zimbabwean public health sector;
- At least five years of experience conducting evaluation as a member of a team in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMIC);
- Experience in developing data collection tools, conducting desk reviews, key information interviews and focus group discussions, including experience with virtual data collection;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, and team management skills;
- Must be fluent in English (reading, writing, and speaking).
- Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in international development, public health, biostatistics/epidemiology, sociology, or related technical or social sciences field
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Documented evidence of conducting evaluation studies related to health programming and treatment regimens, particularly related to tuberculosis;
- Previous experience with USAID;
- Strong MS Excel skills, experience working with Atlas.ti or other software for qualitative data analysis;
- Experience with statistical software, quantitative data management and analysis desired but not required;
- Previous experience working with expatriate and local staff, designing and conducting evaluations, writing evaluation reports, and conducting quantitative and qualitative field research;
- Proficiency in additional official language(s) of Zimbabwe desire, but not required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required (10-25%)and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).
Related Jobs (45)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract