Systems Strengthening Lead
- Post Date:June 22, 2022
- Views 202
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Education
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
About the role
We are looking for a Systems Strengthening Lead to join our senior management team in-country. This is a senior position with a lot of responsibility and opportunities for growth. As a Systems Strengthening Lead, you will provide leadership in the key reforms of curriculum, assessment and inspection, working with relevant task leads and Technical Quality Advisers. You will also work closely with key government stakeholders to improve the effectiveness of the national education system and support the design and development of capacity-building programs for teachers and school leaders. You will assist the MERL Lead to monitor and learn from implementation progress while ensuring all activities are aligned with the Equitable Access component of TEACH programme which targets interventions aimed at improving access for all.
Job objectives: an exhaustive list can be found in the attached job description.
- Provide leadership on education system strengthening, overseeing engagements with senior stakeholders in the Zimbabwean education sector.
- Support the activities and plans of the Capacity Building Lead in the design and development of training to build the capacity of teachers and school leaders.
- Work closely with the short-term inclusion experts to ensure that the inspection and assessment reforms meet the needs of all children.
- Qualified to a master’s level or higher in a relevant field, eg., education, international development, basic education, teacher training or other relevant degree
- Knowledge of education system policy and planning processes
- Knowledge of organizational development, institutional and individual capacity building
- Knowledge of teacher professional development, teacher training, literacy and numeracy, assessment
- Understanding of the political economy of education reforms in low-income settings similar to Zimbabwe
- Extensive relevant experience, with at least 5 years working in a developing country, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa
- Extensive professional experience in the Zimbabwean education system with a focus on supporting system change at the national level
- Proven experience of working closely with senior government officials and building relationships
- Experience delivering NGO/donor funded education sector programmes aimed at improving the quality of education for children in developing countries.
About the organisation
Education Development Trust has been awarded a contract by FCDO to provide the Teacher Professional Development (TPD) component for the Teacher Effectiveness and Equitable Access for All Children Programme (TEACH) in Zimbabwe. The main aim of the TPD programme is to improve the quality of teaching and learning in Zimbabwean schools, in line with the “leave no child behind” principle. This £12 million programme will run until October 2025 and will focus on improving teacher effectiveness in the classroom at national, district and local levels by building teacher networks, providing targeted in-service teacher training and support to pre-service teacher training. A better and more equitable access to primary and secondary schools will be achieved through increased participation, retention and attainment of the poorest children, marginalised girls, and children with disabilities. This program will also contribute to the broader reform of the national education system, including inspections and assessment reforms.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal record checks. Education Development Trust also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, and we may request information from relevant job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual misconduct, including harassment, during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures
Closing Date: 26 Jun 2022
Related Jobs (43)
Admin Assistant (Student Admissions, Records and Registration) on June 30, 2022 Full Time