Systems Development Manager
- Post Date:January 28, 2021
- Views 256
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
Cassava Smartech is looking for a versatile and dynamic Systems Development Manager to join its Information Systems Technical team. The main purpose of the position is to manage the system development processes and resources for Cassava Smartech across the key pillars of the business.
- Reviews Cassava Smartech systems across all the Pillars supporting the business for reverse or forward engineering to keep the business at the cutting edge.
- Schedules the development work in compliance with the business plan received from the Head – Business System Support.
- Meets Software Engineers weekly to mentor and allocate project tasks accordingly.
- Develops and implements systems development and change control processes for approval by the Head – Business Systems Support.
- Researches, evaluates and documents new IT systems and solutions and recommends to the Head Business Systems Support.
- Designs the solution in line with product specification and in consultation with the Business Analyst, using the latest frameworks to support the development work.
- Ensures proper development, automated testing, quality assurance and release management are done as per the documented Cassava development practices.
- Develops best practice and tools for project execution and management in line with international standards.
- Provides hands on technical leadership including making own code contributions and in the process build the best-in-class team.
- Implements process improvements for both the Development and Business Analysis teams in consultation with senior management.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- A relevant vocational qualification or certification in Oracle, Java, .Net will be an added advantage.
- 4 – 6 years working experience in the IT industry with more emphasis on application systems development.
- Extensive knowledge of Fintech and Telecoms development.
- Knowledge of at least one Systems development methodology, Objected Oriented Language i.e. C#, Java, at least one fourth generation programming language on UNIX, Windows and Linux operating system platform.
- Application Development Systems experience in a telecommunications environment will be an added advantage.
- Experience in project management in an IS environment is critical.
- Honesty & integrity is a must.
Please apply to: The HR Business Partner by sending your CV to [email protected] clearly indicating the position “Systems Development Manager” in the subject area by the 2nd of February 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.