- Post Date:April 10, 2021
- Views 472
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
Business Unit: Strategy, Innovation and Product Development
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Department: Strategy, Innovation and Product Development
Vacancy Manager: Head of Strategy, Innovation and Product Development.
Purpose of the job
To define products, map them in the system and perform system integration tests (SITs)
Main Focus Areas
- Interface between Product development and IT for analysis, designing, coding, testing, and implementation of programs, systems and/ or environment from specifications.
- Design, codes, tests and implements programs from specifications.
- Analyse and document system requirements for data, logical processes, hardware and operating system environments.
- Understand the software development life cycle and develop technical specifications for user requirements.
- Evaluate software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Write and maintain functional specifications.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance existing systems.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of systems to meet changing user requirements.
- Assist in trouble shooting software application issues, networking and testing.
- Analyse data contained in the databases and provide Oracle database administration in live and test environments.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- First Degree in Computer Science/ Information Systems or equivalent
- Studying towards a post Graduate qualification in Information Systems.
- 3+ years’ experience in system design/development, experience in a Bank, preferably with Flexcube as core banking system.
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle and Postilion
- Strong Project Management skills with effective results, focus within an information systems environment.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong project management skills with effective results, focus within an information systems environment.
- Broad knowledge of hardware, software and programming.
- Following IT skills are a requirement:
- Visual Basic, C++ and Java
- Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Web-based technologies
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- A logical approach to problem solving.
- Good interpersonal and client-handling skills, with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail.
- Business awareness, self driven and confident.
- A methodical, investigative and inquisitive mind.
- Excellent oral, written, communication, and presentation skills.
Job Related Knowledge
- Expertise in the analysis, designing, coding, testing and implementation of programs, systems and/or environments from specifications.
- Knowledge and experience in Oracle and Postilion.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] with the Heading: “Systems Analyst” or hand deliver to Human Capital Administration offices.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 14 April 2021 @ 1630hrs.
Related Jobs (21)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time