- Post Date:February 11, 2021
- Views 261
- Qualification DegreeExperience 3-5 YearsIndustry Business
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the organisation’s systems support, maintenance, data backup, recovery processes, systems security, user management and ensuring that critical business systems are up and available at all times.
- Establishes system specifications by conferring with users; analyses workflows, access, information, and security requirements; design system infrastructure.
- Implements server hardware and operating systems configuration in accordance with standards and ensuring systems availability.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all equipment, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Performs periodic data centre performance reports in order to provide inputs to capacity planning.
- Establishes new user accounts and assigns privileges on data centre systems as per request
- Analyses system logs (hardware and software) and identifies potential issues with data centre systems.
- Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures for data centre systems.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends innovative data centre solutions to the Manager – Infrastructure for review, approval and adoption.
- Implements projects within or outside the data centre, or where backend systems are concerned.
- Performs routine system checks to implement preventative and restorative measures.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- A Linux / Unix certification / professional qualification is an added advantage
- 2-4 years’ experience in systems administration, maintaining system security & operations in a mixed environment like Mobile Money, Insurance and Cloud systems, as well as associated services and services deployment.
Please apply to: The HR Business Partner by sending your CV to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position “Systems Administrator” in the subject area by the 15th of February 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.