- Post Date:June 20, 2022
- Views 351
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Mining
Business Unit / Group Function: Platinum
Location: Shurugwi District, Zimbabwe
Reference Id: REF29761C
Experience / Work Type: Entry Level / Permanent Employee
Closing Date: 21 June, 2022
Unki Mines- Zimbabwe has an amazing vacancy for a Mine Surveyor, with high integrity, as they will be reporting production numbers for different sections. An individual with a strong character and great leadership qualities. Someone who can take initiative and is able to work under pressure. Could you be the one?
People. Process. Performance.
Significant operational improvements are required within Anglo Platinum to achieve the company’s ambition of being the most valued mining company in the eyes of all stakeholders. This includes realization of Burning Ambition, Zero Harm, Elimination of Fatalities, Life of Asset Plan, P101, and advancement of Future Smart Mining. Within Anglo Platinum the challenges to achieve this are considerable and complex.
Our values and the Anglo-American Operating Model support the delivery of these outcomes by making it clear that how we deliver results is inextricably linked to what we deliver. Critical to the achievement of this is the leadership of the AAP.
Our Platinum business mines, processes, and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium, and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
This role is responsible for data collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting into information for Survey use as per the latest AAP Standards Procedures and Survey Best Practice Guidelines. Your role will include:
- Responsible for Field Work Processing including daily reports on production
- Responsible for issuing of daily reports
- Going on site, Underground or Surface to collect data
- Ensuring monthly measuring of production and producing of reports in different sections
- Attending and Responding to Underground or Surface requests including TSF Surveys, Stockpile Surveys on Surface
- Checking work of the contractors on site to see if they are conforming to the required standards of the designs
- Performing underground excavation measurements
- Identify and report on work related risks and hazards
- Gathering and Analysing Survey Data
- Capturing data onto appropriate systems
- 5 O Levels (Maths and Science)
- National Diploma in Mine Survey or HND in Mine Survey
- Clean Class4 Driver’s License
- 2 years working in a mining environment
- Cad Software exposure
- Shifts and Overtime (if and when required)
- Advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of Safety, Health, and Environment systems
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you will find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We are a large, successful multinational company – and we are still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal, and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities, and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form HERE. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.