Supply Chain Management Officer
- Post Date:January 26, 2022
- Views 664
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
The vacancy of Supply Chain Management Officer: Head Office; PCU has arisen in the Ministry of Health and Child Care under the Global Fund Covid19 Response Mechanism Grant. Applications are therefore being invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the post.
Reports to: Procurement and Supply Management Manager
Summary of key functions
The jab exists to work with the Sub Recipients to select, quantify, distribute, rationally use C19 health and non-health commodities, equipment (laboratory and non-laboratory) and reagents in accordance with Ministry and Global Fund policy and procedures, environmental health and safety standards and laws of the Land.
- Monitors and facilitates the timely execution of Supply Chain Management (SCM) activities funded by C19 Global Fund grant and other donors, ensuring that supplies arrive at end users according to program delivery needs.
- Coordinates C19 health and non-health commodities forecasting, quantification, warehousing, Logistics Management Information System, distribution of activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, or safety.
- Examines existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet the Ministry outputs of an uninterrupted supply of heatth commodities and minimal losses due to expiry or other wastages.
- Monitors compliance and accountability issues on all SCM activities.
- Ensures that all health commodities bought with Global Fund grant funds are received in accordance to the MOHCC guidelines
- Liaises with the relevant Directorates/Departments of the MOHCC, to ensure accurate stack level monitoring for pharmaceuticals, laboratory supplies and other health products procured through Global Fund grants.
- Collects and monitors data on planned shipments of essential medicines & medical supplies, laboratory supplies and other health commodities and utilizes data to inform decision making.
- Facilitates clearance of shipments (health and non-health commodities) for the Ministry and analyses the clearance process.
- Prepares technical and status/progress reports on health logistics system performance and implementation activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or Medical Laboratory Science.
- A diploma in Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in supply chain management of medical supplies in the public sector.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the posts are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 28 January 2022 to:
The Secretary for Health and Child Care
1st Floor Kaguvi Building
Comer Simon V Muzenda Street/Central Avenue
P.O. Box CY1122