Summative Evaluation and Feasibility Study
- Post Date:September 2, 2021
- Views 256
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Development and systematization of effective models of early childhood care and education (ECCE) in underserved rural communities of Zimbabwe and Mozambique
Terre des hommes Germany (TDH) is a Child Rights Non-Profit organization which supports and creates partnerships with local organisations in programmes that raise awareness and address the causes of poverty and injustice affecting children and youth in Southern Africa by advocating for their Rights.
Tdh in partnership with its local partner organisations has been implementing a project in Mozambique and Zimbabwe with the overall goal: “The project contributes to quality, holistic and lifelong Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) for children between 0 and 8 years of age in underserved rural areas in Zimbabwe and Mozambique.” The outcome expected at the end of the project was, “At the end of the project, the physical, socio-emotional and cognitive development of 6,995 children between 0 and 8 years of age in 5 rural communities (2 in Zimbabwe, 3 in Mozambique) is secured and innovative, holistic and scalable models of rural ECCE are applied in the project communities.”
The present consultancy will have two main purposes:
- To conduct a summative project evaluation for the current project ending February 28, 2022;
- To analyze the feasibility of a follow-on project and how it can be designed for upscaling the impact and sustainability of the overall initiative.
- Sound experience in the evaluation of multi-country and multi-sectoral projects with a focus on development of models for Early Childhood Development and Education.
- Good understanding of the socio-economic and political situation in the countries involved (Mozambique and Zimbabwe).
- The Evaluator/s should be fluent in English and Portuguese and have excellent communication and writing skills.
- The evaluator must commit to tdh child safeguarding code of conduct.
- Tdh has the discretionary power of screening the selected applicant on criminal charges on child offenses prior to contract signing.
Get the full terms of reference here: https://www.dropbox.com/…/Inter%20ECCE%20Project…
Applications, including CV and cover letter outlining qualifications for the assignment and a proposal for the consultancy, together with a list of 2 professional references should be sent to: [email protected] and cc to [email protected]
Due to anticipated high volumes of applications, please note that the selection team will only respond to shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from tdh by 30 September 2021 please know that your application has not been considered this time.
Deadline: 17 September 2021 (5pm)
Related Jobs (34)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract