Subject Manager - Mathematics & Computer Science
- Post Date:March 30, 2022
- Views 572
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Education
Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) is inviting suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant position of SUBJECT MANAGER- MATHEMETICS & COMPUTER SCIENCE that has arisen. (ZIMSEC is an internationally accredited Examinations Board responsible for educational assessment at primary and secondary school level in Zimbabwe).
Reporting to the Assistant Director Test Design Educational Assessment And Measurement, the purpose of the job is to develop and produce valid error free question papers and provide fair assessment of candidates’ performance
Key Performance Areas
- Provide guidance and advice to item writers on item writing
- Ensure adherence to test blue prints and specifications at item generation
- Supervise and manage the moderation and modification
- Compile valid and reliable testing instruments
- Proof read the constructed testing instruments
- Supervise vetting and proofreading
- strict adherence to question Paper development and security procedures
- Construct marking team structures
- Supervise National coordination meetings
- Appoint mark capturers and verifiers and activate them during marking
- Monitor marking for adherence to set standards and quality control
- Prepare grading tool kits and manage the awarding of grades to candidates’
- Identify examiner training needs and submit to Human Resources
- Select potential trainees and trainers
- Supervise training and assessment of trainee examiners
- Generate examination circulars
- Participate in the development of syllabuses
- Attend to queries relating to subjects being managed
- Participate in research and engage in intellectual discourse
- Organize and secure resources required for subject management
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Diploma in Education/Post Graduate Diploma in Education
- Degree in Computers/Mathematics
- Master of Education Degree
- At least five years’ experience teaching Computers/Mathematics up to A Level
Required Competencies and Attributes
- Good analytical skills and solution-focused person
- Ability to work well in a team
- Emotionally intelligent
- A proven and traceable success record.
- Experience in working with private and sensitive information.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use necessary data bases software such as SPSS, STATA, Conquest, MS Access, MS Excel.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and task management
- Values Quality and Efficiency
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications and Curriculum Vitae with contact telephone numbers and names of at least three (3) contactable referees. Applications are to be submitted online on the google application form accessible HERE.
Closing date for applications is 31 March 2022.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Assistant Director, Human Resources.
Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC)
Head Office Examination Centre
Upper East Road,
P.O. BOX CY1464,
NB: ZIMSEC recruitment policy does not require any prospective job seekers to make payment to the Council or any of its employees as a way of securing employment.