Strategic Planning Facilitation Consultant
- Post Date:May 31, 2021
- Views 438
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Caritas Zimbabwe is looking for a consultant to facilitate the process of reviewing its current strategic framework and identifying new vision, mission goals and objectives for the period 2022-2025.The strategic framework is expected to be in line with the strategic direction for Caritas Internationalis, Caritas Africa while at local level it has to be in harmony with the revised plan for Zimbabwe Catholic bishops conference (ZCBC)
June 2021 – June 2025
Caritas Zimbabwe is a member of Caritas Internationalis, a confederation of 164 Catholic Relief, development and social service organizations working to build a better world, especially for the poor and most vulnerable in over 200 countries and territories. Caritas works without regard to creed, race, gender or ethnicity and is one of the world’s largest humanitarian networks. Caritas Zimbabwe shares the mission of the Catholic Church to serve the poor and to promote charity and justice throughout the world. It would like to chart a course that ensures its continued success in the medium term through the development of a 5-year strategic plan. The aspect of monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the Strategic plan is essential to its success as strategy
The purpose of the strategic review/planning process is to develop a revised strategic framework for the organisation in order to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, impact, relevance and sustainability of its strategic roles
Specific Objectives of the consultancy
Define the scope and the methodology of the strategic framework development process; Review and analyse organizational documents, based upon learning and challenges in implementation of the strategy, with a focus on: Where are we? Where do we want to be? How will we get there? Identify critical gaps, conduct SWOT analysis and identify strategic opportunities with Caritas coordinators and staff, through virtual interviews, meetings; Engage with Caritas to prioritize strategic direction and refine mission, vision, objectives and strategy; Designing appropriate systems for Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Impact to best align with identified strategic priorities; Draw budget for the strategic plan.
Scope and methodology
The scope and focus of the assignment is to provide technical, strategic and one day facilitation support to enable the renewal of Caritas Zimbabwe strategic framework. Whilst the consultant is at liberty to propose his/her own methodology that would adequately result in the expected deliverables outlined in this ToR, the following steps are suggested as a basis for the strategic plan development process:
Step One: Prepare
- Inception workshop with Caritas Management and Board to discuss scope, methodology and timeline;
- Inception report outlining the key steps/methodology with specific deliverables and timeline; contextual analysis.
Step Two: Review, Assess and Analyse
- Participatory process of critical reflection, analysis and consultation (SWOT analysis);
- Review of relevant organizational documents (vision, mission statement, theory of change, Vision 20/20, Business Plan, etc.);
- Interviews with Caritas Zimbabwe board members, secretariat partners, donors;
- Assessment report outlining critical issues, contextual analysis, gaps to be addressed and opportunities to grab.
Step Three: Define-Strategic Plan
- Analyse feedback from the different sources (as outlined in step-2);
- Formulate strategic framework – guided by the following questions: Where does Caritas Zimbabwe want to be in 2025, What does it want to achieve during this timeline? What is the key organisational purpose as a development and socio-pastoral arm of the church? How would the organisation work to deliver its strategic goals? How will it get there? What might go wrong for Caritas Zimbabwe? And how would the organisation avoid this? How will Caritas know when we get there? (Measure of success) How will Caritas Zimbabwe monitor lessons learnt and integrate that learning into successive plans and strategies (MEL)?
Step Four: Agree
- Finalizing, endorsing and disseminating the new strategic framework;
- Draft the text around the key objectives;
- Consult widely on draft new strategic framework;
- The Caritas Zimbabwe Management formally approves the final document.
The strategic plan documents should be out within 30 working days
Supervision of the work
The consultant will work under the direct and overall supervision of the Caritas Zimbabwe National Coordinator.
Profile/ Consultancy Requirements
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in strategic planning; experience in organizational and change management an advantage;
- Good knowledge of the transparency field; understanding of corporate governance an advantage;
- Proven excellent communication and facilitation skills, including in multicultural settings;
- Highly motivated and committed to the values of transparency and integrity;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Knowledge of strategic planning of faith based institutions will be an added advantage
The consultant’s travel and accommodation expenses will be covered when travel is required out of Harare over the workshop facilitation period
Application to be posted to: The National Coordinator Email Address: [email protected]
Deadline: 10 June 2020
Related Jobs (43)
Governance and Internal Control Review Consultancy on September 17, 2021 Consultancy