Strategic Plan Development
- Post Date:September 23, 2021
- Views 376
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location of Assignment: Bulawayo
Duration of Assignment: 20 days
Reports to: The Director
Emthonjeni Women’s Forum (EWF) is an organisation whose thrust is on women’s constitutional rights focusing more on gender based violence, socio economic rights and women’s participation in developmental issues in their communities. This is done through building the capacity of women and information dissemination on women’s rights. EWF is currently operating in Matabeleland North and South. In line with the current operational environment EWF is therefore seeking consultancy to enhance the impact, clarify the current position and define the future direction of the organisation. The strategic plan should guide the organisation for the next 3 years.
The major objective of the assignment is to develop a strategic plan for EWF with a clear resource mobilisation strategy for sustainability of the organisation. The aim should be for the organisations’ ability to respond to prevailing socio-economic environment.
Strategic plan objectives
- To develop a 3 year strategic plan that pro actively responds to changes in the operating environment so as to remain relevant;
- Develop a resource mobilisation strategy and equip EWF staff with strategies for sustenance.
Roles and responsibilities of consultant
- Conduct preliminary consultative meetings with the secretariat, board and relevant networking partners;
- Develop facilitation methodology proposal;
- Facilitate and conduct a strategic planning workshop;
- Produce a detailed strategic plan with a clear mobilisation plan for EWF.
The consultant is expected to produce the following:
- Facilitation methodology proposal for the strategic planning workshop;
- Produce reports for the 3 day workshop;
- A comprehensive strategy plan document that includes resource mobilisation strategy for EWF.
The following method suggests ways in which the process will be undertaken:
- A day for preliminary consultative meetings;
- A 3 day strategic planning workshop comprising the staff, board and other stakeholders;
- 14 days for compilation of the strategic plan
Technical direction during the performance of this assessment will be provided by the Director for EWF.
Required skills and competencies
- Advanced / Masters’ Degree in Gender, Political Economy or Social Studies or related post-graduate qualification;
- Demonstrated capacity and experience in facilitation;
- Demonstrated research experience;
- Demonstrated high level writing and analytical skills;
- Knowledge and experience of using participatory approaches and innovative facilitation techniques;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and able to negotiate shared positions;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Appreciation of women’s rights
Applications must be sent by email to [email protected] with subject heading STRATEGIC PLAN CALL. The tender should be no more than 5 pages, and is expected to include:
- A cover letter outlining motivation and summarizing relevant experience;
- Contact details for at least two independent referees with in-depth and proven knowledge of the applicant’s expertise and relevant work experience;
- Background of the consultancy company / individual;
- Proposition on how the project would be conducted;
- CV of consultant/-s involved in the project and examples of previous work should accompany the tender;
- Charge for the consultancy.
Deadline: 27 September 2021 (close of business)
Related Jobs (29)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time