Strategic Plan Development Consultant
- Post Date:March 18, 2021
- Views 347
- Career Level ConsultantQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
VMCZ is a professional media self-regulatory body set up by Zimbabwean journalists and other stakeholders who subscribe to the principles of media freedom, accountability, independence, and ethical journalism. VMCZ’s mission is to safeguard the independence and integrity of the media profession by ensuring effective and professional self-regulation in the print and broadcasting media; to promote high ethical and professional journalistic standards; to serve as a medium of understanding and education between the public and the media;
Background and Objectives
VMCZ intends to hold a Strategic Planning meeting to formulate a new Strategic Plan document that will incorporate a Fundraising Strategy. The Strategic Planning Meeting will be attended by the VMCZ secretariat representatives, the board and representatives of the membership.
- Consultant should submit an expression of interest clearly stating how they will facilitate the process including cost of the assignment;
- Conduct a desktop review of the organisations documents, have a pre-meeting engagement with the staff before submitting a detailed programme of the strategy meeting;
- Facilitate the Strategic Planning Meeting;
- Produce a Strategic Plan document that encompasses a Fundraising Strategy and a Risk Management Plan. The strategy document should also include an M & E Plan;
- Produce a Report outlining the process, observations and key recommendations.
Qualifications, key competencies, technical background, and experience required
- Proven experience in similar tasks and assignments with a minimum 10 -years in strategic planning and facilitating organisational development processes;
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Strategic Management or equivalent;
- Any experience in media will be an added advantage;
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience with a focus on facilitating organisational development processes.
Expected results / deliverables
- Strategic Plan document;
- A Strategic Plan meeting report inclusive of recommendations.
The assignment will last for 16 days. The detailed timelines will be discussed with the successful candidate
Full payment shall be done upon successful completion of the assignment.
For the duration of the assignment, the Consultant will report and liaise with the VMCZ Executive Director.
Consultants meeting the specification above and interested in facilitating the conduct of this assignment are requested to submit a quote, CV, an expression of interest detailing methodology and work done previously to [email protected] and copy to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 22 March 2021