Strategic Information & Evaluation Officer DREAMS
- Post Date:August 12, 2021
- Views 508
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: DREAMS Program Coordinator
Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment. OPHID, works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions. OPHID is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following post:
The Strategic Information & Evaluation Officer (SIEO) will provide overall support for strategic information and evaluation to the dreams districts and teams. The position is responsible and accountable for improving the quality of data generated by the districts, facility, and community service delivery platforms in the Dreams, as well as ensuring that data are accurately entered and reported timely onto the Dreams database and MOHCC, OPHID and USAID (MOHCC DHIS2, OPHID DHIS2, and DATIM) as required. The DSIEO functionally reports to the Dreams Program Coordinator (DPC), and technically to the Strategic Information and Evaluation Manager. The DSIEO will work with and capacitate all OPHID program staff within the dreams programme with data management and data quality improvement activities.
- Forge enduring relationships with the DREAMS Implementing Partners and nurture a synergistic effort in implementing SIE activities for Dreams programming;
- Assist the OPHID and MOHCC program teams in adopting national DREAMS SIE/M&E systems, guidelines, and standard best practices on data quality;
- Participate in strategic DREAMS meetings and share SIE/M&E updates, progress on facility and community data management and data quality improvement activities and challenges; Support the roll out and implementation of a minimum package of Dreams SIE activities at district level;
- Support the DSIEOs to produce cascades and other relevant data analysis dashboards/charts to monitor the implementation of Dreams services;
- Support DSIEO to interpret cascades and dashboards, and draw up action plans to close any gaps noted;
- Timely and accurately enter all Dreams program daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly data into the Dreams Database and OPHID database as required;
- Perform quality checks on all data entered in the Dreams database (completeness, outlier analysis, validation rule analysis etc), and correct all errors or obtain comments from programs for entry into databases justifying any abnormal data;
- Analyze routine weekly/monthly/quarterly data and provide feedback to programs on facility and community level performance to aid preparation of remedial action plans for rectifying poor performance or documentation of best practices;
- Train/mentor and build the capacity of dreams teams on SIE activities and data quality including coaching both SIE and program teams on optimal utilization of the Dreams DHIS2 database.
- A quantitative bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, M&E AND a completed program in health sciences/public health/HIV programs, OR;
- A bachelor’s degree in public health, health sciences, operations research, AND a completed program in a quantitative area (M&E, biostatistics);
- Internal candidates with Dreams knowledge and experience will be considered;
- A master’s degree in epidemiology, public health, biostatistics, M&E or similar will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of three years’ experience and demonstrated practical skills in monitoring HIV and AIDS, TB, care, and support programs;
- Proficiency and competency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and online collaboration technologies;
- Demonstrate working knowledge of quantitative data collection systems in the MoHCC, including familiarity with processes of strengthening dreams level M&E capacity, and data analysis using Advanced Excel, SAS, SPSS, STATA, Epi-Info, EpiData, or any other data analysis software;
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements will be an added advantage.
- Step 1: Complete the application form here: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx…
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 22 August 2021
Related Jobs (47)
District Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant on October 25, 2021 Contract
Fitter & Turner on October 25, 2021