Strategic Information Evaluation and Learning Director
- Post Date:October 14, 2021
- Views 282
- Career Level DirectorQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not-for-profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
The position will report to the Chief of Party. The Strategic Information, Evaluation and Learning Director will be responsible for designing and implementing systems to ensure appropriate tracking and assessment of all project activities. S/he will have primary responsibility of ensuring the prompt and on-time reporting on project outputs and outcomes (routine aggregate data) and for ensuring quality analytics are done to guide specific interventions. S/he will also support overall knowledge management requirements within the project. S/he will plan and guide the conduct of implementation research and any “deep-dive” analyses to inform program implementation and quality assurance systems as required. S/he will support all the technical staff in M&E functions and will supervise the M&E team.
- Oversees the monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the Care and Treatment project in Zimbabwe;
- Lead the development and revision of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) strategic documents including comprehensive M&E plan, costed M&E work plan, evaluation and performance measurement plan, data quality assurance strategy and data use plan;
- Lead development and revision of data management tools in line with national guidelines program data requirements;
- Lead the development and monitoring of implementation of activities in MEL work plans;
- Design and implementation of quality improvement initiatives and performance measurement frameworks at national, district and health facility levels;
- Work closely with the heads of projects to ensure compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements;
- Manage all activities related to ZHI electronic databases for managing program data;
- Track progress at individual health facilities through review of progress reports and site visits, analyze and package this information for program reports;
- Ensure data quality assessments and audits are carried out periodically and practices are put in place to improve data quality;
- Ensure utilization of program data through evidence-based program review meetings at national and subnational levels;
- Support development and implementation of electronic patient monitoring systems;
- Provide M&E technical assistance, developing and setting up systems for timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements;
- Ensure timely collection, cleaning, verification and uploading of program data in databases including DATIM;
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems;
- Develop and lead the implementation of a robust learning agenda for continuous learning, collaboration and adaptation;
- Provide technical support for the enhancement of the Ministry of Health and Child Care HIV programs M&E system;
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions;
- Lead the design and implementation of operational research and deep-dive analysis of program data;
- Oversee the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, Government of Zimbabwe counterparts and other key stakeholders;
- Participate in strategic planning and development of new funding proposals;
- Provide supervisory support to M&E and research officers;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to manage and work independently and efficiently;
- Ability to effectively organize staff and delegate effectively;
- Hands on experience in research, monitoring and evaluation of huge projects;
- Commitment to consistently producing accurate and timely reports;
- Ability to work well with others including project staff, government counterparts and implementing agencies;
- Ability to develop and implement quality assurance systems;
- Proficiency with data collection, management, analysis, and visualization software, including MS Excel, DHIS2, Open Data Kit and SPSS;
- Strong quantitative or mixed-method and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Excellent report writing and communication skills, including oral presentation;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Strong analytical report/manuscript writing and presentation skills with at least 3 publications or international conference presentations;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare expert quality data visualizations;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners and international donor agencies;
- Ability to travel within Zimbabwe 25% of the time.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, M&E, Demography, Biostatistics, Statistics, Analytics or a related field;
- MD preferred;
- A minimum of five years of work experience in designing, establishing, and managing M&E systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance-based programs;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data quality analyses and make program recommendations based on findings;
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems;
- A working knowledge of Zimbabwe’s health management information systems and M&E processes as they relate to data collection for performance-based reporting.
- Step 1: Complete the job application form here https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx…
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap or financial ability.
Deadline: 26 October 2021
Related Jobs (42)
District Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant on October 25, 2021 Contract
Fitter & Turner on October 25, 2021