Strategic Information and Evaluation (SIE) Coordinator
- Post Date:December 15, 2021
- Views 367
- Career Level CoordinatorQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Bantwana Zimbabwe has been implementing the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored and Safe Women (DREAMS) program in four high HIV burden districts of Bubi, Lupane, Nkayi and Tsholotsho since October 2020. The program is funded by Centre for Disease Control (CDC) through ZimTTECH. The DREAMS program aims to reduce new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women in the above-mentioned Matabeleland North districts. Bantwana is implementing four core sets of interventions namely:
- HIV prevention, condom education, gender norms change, social assets building, and sexual violence prevention;
- Education subsidies including primary, secondary and Part-Time and Continuing Education support;
- Combination of socioeconomic approaches for caregivers layered with positive parenting;
- Economic empowerment for AGYW (financial literacy, work readiness and employability trainings, vocational training for market-driven technical skills, internships).
Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Executive Director, the SIE Coordinator will be responsible for the overall design and execution of the Strategic Information and Evaluation department for the project including identifying and meeting performance standards, contributing to decision making and maintaining data integrity.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of the organization’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) plan incorporating timely, accurate, and complete project performance tracking.
- Maintain quality data that responds to the demands of the donor and the organization’s strategic outlook.
- Collaborate with consortium partners in the delivery of the DREAMS packages.
- Oversee the statistical analysis and/or interpretation of results, data and information for program and policy development using the DREAMS DHIS2 and KOBO.
- Train and mentor staff in various aspects of M&E and research, and assist them with using M&E systems, including data use and quality assurance.
- Develop and manage project work-plan implementation and oversee the delegation of work and development of associated SOPs.
- Analyze project and other relevant data to provide strategic guidance to the Senior Management Team and inform project management decision-making, and to routinely share findings with project staff and other key stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and technical oversight in the design and implementation of data collection exercises (e.g., baseline and end line surveys; regular performance monitoring, etc.).
- Participate in Technical Working Groups for the DREAMS program, as well as national, provincial and district review meetings as required.
- Participate in the writing of weekly, monthly and quarterly DREAMS reports as per donor requirements.
- Conduct supportive supervisory visits to beneficiaries to observe, monitor and provide guidance and quality feedback on the use of data and indicators.
- Oversee operational research, qualitative studies, and policy briefs to assess the impact of program activities and ensure robust and innovative dissemination of research and evaluation activity results.
Qualifications, experience and competencies required
- Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, public health, epidemiology, economics, statistics, or related field preferred, or bachelor’s degree plus an advanced certificate in a related field.
- Minimum of five years professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of large-scale development projects.
- Experience with PEPFAR-related programming, particularly DREAMS, preferred.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Excellent knowledge of data collection protocols for quality data collection and verification.
- Strong ability to analyze multiple sources of data to identify data trends and to provide recommendations on project implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling techniques and establishing M&E systems in developing country contexts.
- Demonstrated experience leading and building the capacity of M&E staff to meet project needs and deliverables strongly desired.
- Excellent data visualization skills, statistical analysis, English writing, oral presentation, and communication skills.
Interested candidates should submit their motivation letters demonstrating their suitability for the position and detailed CVs, clearly stating the position being in the subject section to: [email protected]
Bantwana Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 December 2021 (close of business)
Related Jobs (14)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract