Strategic Information and Evaluation (SIE) Assistant
- Post Date:June 29, 2021
- Views 320
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A local NGO is seeking to fill the position of Strategic Information and Evaluation Assistant. The position is based in Chinhoyi.
- Under the direct supervision of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer the SIE Assistant is responsible for assisting the M&E Officer in supporting the program team by providing data analysis services using SPSS, MS Excel, R, STATA;
- Assist in developing and coordinating the implementation of the M&E Plan;
- Assist in the designing and conducting of research on aspects that inform programming planning and report writing by Program staff;
- Coordinate the management and population of the project Database. Analysis of all source documents of OVC programing.
- Technical Support;
- Collect, enter and analyses of data;
- Continuously take part in providing technical support to service delivery points in improving their Monitoring and Evaluation Systems;
- Identify key issues around program quality and ensure monitoring systems are improved to address bottlenecks.
- Quality Control and Trainings;
- Participate in regular data quality checks conducted to address data quality challenges identified at service delivery level;
- Support M&E Trainings in the district;
- Provide backup support to the program team at district level and prepare reports for the districts;
- Participate in M&E trainings and undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E activities to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, M&E;
- Excellent analytical skills in order to interpret qualitative and quantitative data and discern useful recommendations for program implementation and development;
- Excellent Statistical analysis and IT skills, including use of SPSS and Excel for data analysis;
- Experience of social research methods to conduct monitoring and evaluation for OVC interventions;
- Demonstrated knowledge of M & E frameworks;
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar field, experience with USAID programs is distinct advantage;
- Good English communications skills (both oral and written) and report writing skills;
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality;
- Excellent computer skills,
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and produce results in a timely and quality manner;
- Ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines;
- A clean Class 4 drivers licence.
Prospective candidates meeting the requirements and with demonstrated relevant experience should submit their application together with a detailed CV, electronically to: [email protected]
Please state the position being applied for in the subject line of your email.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The organisation is committed to the upholding of children’s rights and has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment. The successful candidate will be required to commit to child protection/safeguarding and to be bound by the organisation’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
The organisation does not charge any fees during its entire recruitment process.
Deadline: 30 June 2021
Related Jobs (14)
Medical Laboratory Scientist – Bulawayo Laboratory on July 26, 2021 Full Time