Strategic Information and Evaluation Manager – Key Populations Programme
- Post Date:October 13, 2021
- Apply Before: October 20, 2021
- Views 149
- Career Level ManagerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Duty Station: Harare
Contract Type: Fixed Term
The Centre for Sexual Health and HIV AIDS Research (CeSHHAR) Zimbabwe is an organization that specializes in Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), HIV and AIDS research and programming in Zimbabwe. CeSHHAR Zimbabwe implements the nationally scaled Sex Worker Programme ‘Sisters with a Voice’ in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) and the National AIDS Council (NAC). The Programme aims to reduce HIV acquisition and transmission among female, male and transgender sex workers thereby reducing HIV transmission and acquisition to and from their clients. It fosters an empowered and resilient sex worker community, fully engaged in HIV prevention and care cascades, by bringing to scale evidence-based, sex worker-led interventions to maximize demand for, supply of and retention within HIV prevention and care services for sex workers (SW) in Zimbabwe. The Programme now operates in 86 implementation sites across all 10 provinces of Zimbabwe.
The Strategic Information and Evaluation Manager is a management position under the direction of the Chief of Party/Programme Director – Key Populations. The position is responsible for:
- Ensuring data guided programming and data-led action through systematic programme monitoring, data strengthening and ensuring the programme produces quality evidence and learning;
- The incumbent will be responsible for designing and execution of M & E infrastructure for the Key Populations Programme;
- Provide sound technical leadership for data collection through supporting project/programme staff in documenting, organizing and capturing programme progress (including best practices and case studies of innovation and initiatives);
- Ensuring accountable and efficient data collection, analysis and learning activities for all programme activities;
- Management and analysis of data and quality assurance through tracking program indicators across sites and continuously flagging urgent matters and critical success factors that will be off-track;
- Ensuring maintenance of programme databases as per organizational and donor requirements;
- Strengthening the capacity of all site teams in implementation of data collection procedures and completion of monitoring tools;
- Ensuring that quality data is collected and analysed on an ongoing basis, and that the programme has a complete data set on which it acts on a weekly and monthly basis;
- Developing monthly indicator dashboards for monitoring of programme achievement, guiding programme activities and changes on a weekly basis;
- Build capacity for knowledge management among programme staff through providing coaching and mentoring to field officers in using evidence for programme management;
- Assisting in using project data and information to develop visibility and external communications materials;
- Oversight of data published by the Key Populations Programme through ensuring dissemination of results of programme interventions and analysis of process/activity and clinical outcome data in a timely manner;
- Ensuring reports and meeting minutes are shared with stakeholders and attendees in a timely manner.
Qualifications and experience
- A Master of Science in Biostatistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Epidemiology or Public Health.
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems including both qualitative and quantitative approaches;
- Experience in reporting in DATIM and experience with USDID MER;
- Experience in data management of health-related projects with increasing responsibility in senior leadership and management positions with proficiency in at least one statistical software package e.g. STATA, SPSS;
- Advanced database software and Microsoft office skills especially in MS Access, Excel, including pivot-tables, formatting, statistical functions and formulas;
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills, including study designing, data cleaning, verification and trend-analysis coupled with demonstrable project management skills;
- Strong analytical report writing and presentation skills and interfacing with relevant stakeholders;
- Excellent analytical, detail orientation, problem solving and interpersonal communication skills;
- Advanced understanding of indicator selection, logframe design, and M&E work planning
If you are interested in the above position, please email your CV and application cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager and send to [email protected] Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 19 October 2021 (4.30pm)
Related Jobs (33)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time