- Post Date:May 12, 2021
- Views 323
- Career Level ManagerQualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Transportation
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Stores Manager that has arisen at J&J Transport Harare
The Stores Manager will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Stores Department through monitoring and maintaining required stock levels, so as to ensure that the operations of J&J Transport does not stop or deteriorate due to the unavailability of stock.
Scope of Responsibilities
The scope of responsibilities of the incumbent includes management of the stores team on day-to-day activities, overseeing all the functions of Stores Department, taking ownership, being cost effective and contributing to ensure the smooth running of the Stores Department whilst protecting and upholding the Company brand/image.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Overseeing the purchase of spares, protective clothing, tyres and any other stock items that may be required in the daily running of the company;
- Negotiating with suppliers and ensure that the company gets the best possible deals at all times;
- Evaluating supplier performance and ensure that the company gets proper value for money at all times;
- Formulating sustainable standard operating procedures, procurement plans and re-ordering plans;
- Managing minimum and maximum stock levels for spares, tyres, lubes and fuel;
- Ensuring that the correct costing of all item in the system is maintained;
- Managing the disposal of obsolete stock/dead stock;
- Preparing periodic stock reports as and when they are required;
- Managing company assets register.
- Investigating and reporting any stock variances arising from stock takes
- Leading and appraising stores staff so as to ensure that they reach their individual key results;
- Contributing to the continuous development of FMS stores modules;
- Contributing with any innovative ideas or ways that may improve the operations and/or efficiency of the company and share/communicate it in a proper manner to management;
Competences and Aptitudes
- Pro-active management style with initiative, dynamism and assertiveness approach.
- Strong customer and human resources relationship management skills;
- Details orientation (accuracy and quality orientation when working);
- Good judgment and ability to lead by example by demonstrating high ethical and moral behaviour
- Planning and Organizational Skills;
Hard Skills – Background / Technical Competences
- Academic Background: Relevant Degree / Diploma in Business Management;
- Experience required: 5-10 years, with relevant management experience within the transport industry;
- Good understanding of the Business and Business needs;
- IT knowledge: good knowledge of Microsoft Office products (word; excel);
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] with the heading “STORES MANAGER” not later than 14 May 2021.
NB: APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH J&J’s RECRUITEMENT POLICY