- Post Date:March 30, 2022
- Views 363
- Career Level ManagerQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Transportation
Zimbabwe United Passenger Company Limited (ZUPCO) is a state-owned enterprise, wholly owned by the Government of Zimbabwe under the guidance of the Ministry of Local Government and Public Works. ZUPCO was established to provide safe, affordable, reliable and competitive passenger and allied transport service to the general populace of Zimbabwe. The company is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons for the vacant position of STORES MANAGER that has arisen.
REPORTS TO: FINANCE MANAGER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate shall inter-alia be responsible for the following:
- Reviewing fuel stock sheets daily to ensure that the minimum fuel stock storage level does not run below two days’ usage so that the company does not run out of fuel.
- Reviewing daily tyre control sheets to assess the levels of stocks and liaising with Chief Operating Officer for the procurement of more tyre whenever necessary
- Ensuring that depot internal orders are fulfilled either by goods in stock or by placing an order for goods not in stock in order to make available all spares required by workshops for the economic maintenance and running of the company’s fleet.
- Checking that the receiving depot has received all stock transfers by ensuring that all stock transfer vouchers are returned with the GRV.
- Ensuring that the Stores Controller checks the accuracy of the SIV information i.e. coding, pricing, quantity, allocation and the total SIV value by sample checking batches of SIVs for the depot selected.
- Reviewing once per month files of delivery notes and making a follow up on any outstanding invoices in order to ensure that all purchases and usage of the month have been accounted for since all these depend on prices on invoices.
- Reviewing once per month the returned vouchers and checking acknowledgement of receipt of returned goods by supplier for immediate supply of credit note.
- Ensuring that goods sent for outside repair are followed up and monthly inspection of schedules of all outstanding items from stores controllers.
- Reconciling information complied by senior Stores Clerk with regards to closing and opening figures of the lorry delivering fuel to ensure that no fuel is stolen.
- Conducting stock takes on monthly basis
- Ensure that invoices are timeously processed and submitted to accounts for payment
- Produce a monthly stores report to management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree/HND in Purchasing and Supply,
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Diploma.
- 5’O’ levels including Maths /Accounts and English.
- Three years of experience as a stores manager
- Experience in SAGE Pastel (inventory module a must)
Applications, accompanied by detailed updated curriculum vitae, copies of certified educational and professional qualifications, national identity and three contactable referees clearly showing which position is being applied for,should be addressed and hand-delivered to
The Human Resources Manager
109 Belvedere Road
Alternatively submissions can be e-mailed to: [email protected].
The closing date for receiving applications is Thursday 31 March 2022.