Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Officer
- Post Date:May 31, 2022
- Views 687
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Mining
Business Unit / Group Function: Platinum
Area: Corporate Relations
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Reference Id: REF28919M
Experience / Work Type: Entry Level / Permanent Employee
Closing Date: 02 June, 2022
Unki Mines (Private) Limited, has an exhilarating 6 months opportunity for a Stakeholder Engagement and Communication Officer who will provide comprehensive engagement and communication service, aligned with organization strategies and objectives, and to facilitate two-way dialogue and communication between the company and its local stakeholders. Could you be the one?
We’re the best in the industry. You’ll make us better.
Significant operational improvements are required within Anglo Platinum to achieve the company’s ambition of being the most valued mining company in the eyes of all stakeholders. This includes realization of Burning Ambition, Zero Harm, Elimination of Fatalities, Life of Asset Plan, P101, and advancement of Future Smart Mining. Within Anglo Platinum the challenges to achieve this are considerable and complex.
Our values and the Anglo-American Operating Model support the delivery of these outcomes by making it clear that how we deliver results is inextricably linked to what we deliver. Critical to the achievement of this is the leadership of the AAP.
Our Platinum business mines, processes, and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium, and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
This role requires an analytical individual with good interpersonal skills, who is capable of engaging cross functionally with other departments and with external stakeholders. Your role will also include communicating effectively in all levels whilst:
- Constantly reviewing development in the field and ensuring effectiveness and alignment of systems and procedures to AASW 3.0 and best practices
- Ensuring that the site is developed and reviewed on an annual basis
- Engaging with internal stakeholders and data collection
- Consolidating inputs from all the departments
- Evaluating effectiveness of activities
- Advising management on the most appropriate course of action when decision relates to stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Supporting and participating in the training and capacity development of employees, contractors, and communities on AASW 3.0 requirements / topics
- Being responsible for Stakeholder analysis in terms of their interest
- Ensuring that briefs are being distributed to appropriate levels
- Prioritizing engagement with Stakeholders
- Creating and implementing engagement activities
- Tracking of departments and maintaining engagement activities within the plant
- Building and maintaining valuable and trusting relationships with stakeholders through engagements
- Identify potential conflict situations and minimize the implications
- Ensuring compliance with Social Performance requirements that include identifying and managing risks with social and human rights impacts
- Social Science/ Sociology or Social Development Degree
- Social Work-Related Qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ Experience in Community Engagement
- 3 years’ experience in Social Work
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of community projects
- Proficiency in Computer Systems (MS Word, Outlook, Excel, SAP)
- Data collection skills,
- Engagement abilities,
- Case studies (Social)
- Class 4 Drivers License
What we offer
When you join Anglo American- Global Shared Services, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities, and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form HERE. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing Date: 02 June 2022