Southern Africa Regional Food Security Specialist – Livelihood
- Post Date:September 14, 2021
- Apply Before: September 27, 2021
- Views 154
- Career Level SpecialistQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) Early Warning Team (EWT) seeks a full-time regional food security specialist – livelihood (RFSS-LH) based in Harare, Zimbabwe. FEWS NET is an integrated set of activities funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and is intended to provide timely, accurate, evidence-based, and transparent food security early warning information and analysis.
Chemonics International (Chemonics) implements the FEWS NET EWT, a team charged with integrated emergency food insecurity analysis through a Washington-based technical office and more than 20 field offices. The Southern Africa regional food security specialist – livelihood will support the effective execution of technical activities in the regional office. The Southern Africa RFSS-LH will work with the regional representative (RR), the rest of the regional team, the country teams in the region, and partners to design, execute, and coordinate regional activities in livelihoods and HEA.
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required; French, Portuguese, or other local language skills are desirable;
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to the work of FEWS NET, such as economics, agricultural economics, agronomy, nutrition, climatology, anthropology, or social geography is required; advanced university degree (Master’s degree or higher) is desirable;
- At least two years of relevant experience (with PhD), four years of relevant experience (with Master’s degree), or six years of relevant experience (with Bachelor’s degree) is required. Relevant experience includes working on food security information systems, food security analysis, early warning, or other related fields; experience working with UN agencies and/or NGOs is desirable;
- Excellent computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required; ability to effectively use statistical software packages and/or GIS applications is desirable.
Please refer to and view the full job description for the regional food security specialist – livelihood position by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below. To apply, please complete the general application form and upload your CV and cover letter at https://fewsnet.formstack.com/forms/ewt_sa_rfss by September 26th, 2021 (11:59 p.m. EDT).
All application materials, including responses to the general information form, CVs, and cover letters, should be provided in English. No telephone inquiries. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For applicants located in the EU, please see Chemonics Data Privacy Notice linked here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Related Jobs (35)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract