Software Development Manager
- Post Date:April 25, 2022
- Views 523
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Education
Reporting to the ICT Executive Director, this position entails planning, coordinating, and continuously monitoring the processes of writing and developing software programs. The Software Development Manager functions as the head of the software development team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks.
The Software Development Manager requires knowledge in both management and software development based on the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The ideal candidate should:
- Hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics majoring in IT or related technical discipline apart from possessing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or any other relevant discipline.
- Exceptional knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) is a requirement.
- Knowledge of server configuration, Cyber-security, Data mining, Mobile application development, Cloud Computing and Server Virtualization is an added advantage.
- Experience in leading development teams and developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions is requisite.
- At least five (5) years software development experience and traceable software implementation solutions is a requirement while preference will be given to candidates with proven previous experience at senior level in a university environment or similarly complex and diverse organization is and software development professional qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing all the activities of the software development group;
- Setting attainable goals to team members to complete the project on time and ensuring software development team adherence to timelines;
- Providing guidance to team members to encourage work productivity;
- Ensuring appropriate software development procedures and processes are followed;
- Resolving performance issues and making revisions when necessary;
- Participating in design control activities
- Monitoring, evaluating, and ensuring the completion of tasks and projects
- Coordinating the documentation and analysis of software requirements
- Implementing design plans, reviewing unit tests and testing and debugging applications;
- Documenting software development and monitoring status of developing software;
- Implementing database security and business continuity plan;
- Representing the software department in meetings and performing any other duties as assigned by the Executive ICT Director.
Six copies of the application letter, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and dates of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability and names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees should be addressed to: –
The Senior Assistant Registrar, Human Resources
Chinhoyi University of Technology,
Private Bag 7724,
Telephone No: – 0267-2129454 or 02671-2125293
NB: Applications may be emailed to [email protected] and should be sent as a single PDF document.
Applications that do not comply with the requirements will be disqualified. The closing date for receipt of applications is 26 April 2022.