- Post Date:May 1, 2022
- Views 470
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry ICT
The Ministry of Health and Child Care is a Sub-Recipient for the Global Fund New Funding Model grant under the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) as the Principal Recipient (PR). The MOHCC wishes to recruit a SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/PROGRAMMER to contribute to the successful implementation of the grant
REPORTS TO: SI Coordinator
SUMMARY OF KEY FUNCTIONS:
Systems analysis and design, software development and modifying existing software (programming), training, implementation and onsite support.
In conjunction with national office plan, design, develop and maintain software applications to support implementation of Health Management information Systems and other MOHCC ICT systems
- Participates in review of paper data collection tools in terms ot how they can be automated in electronic systems.
- Plan, build, maintain and upgrade existing and new MOHCC ICT systems
- Knowledge and experience in use of open source software
- Knowledge and experience in using different development trameworks such as spring mvc, hibernate, struts, jquery
- Knowledge and experience in supporting a range of technologies such as Java, PHP VB.net, MS Access, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Android
- Creates and reviews training manuals for both facilitators and participants on how to use electronic system
- Tests systems and/or programs by preparing test plans and data, conducting test runs, reviewing both input and output data tor accuracy and validity.
- Operates remote terminals and other data entry equipment.
- Maintains and revamps all databases in consultation with the DBA.
- Ensures the security and integrity of all systems and data.
- Identifies opportunities that can improve efficiency of electronic systems business processes.
- Participates in system structure design and systems programming.
- Assists in gathering user requirements and creation of the system design and functional specifications tor new development projects.
- Researches specific technical software and related questions and problems from users and management, relating to software systems.
- Recommends policies and procedures for using the systems.
- Participates in the integration of existing software products and getting incompatible platforms to work together.
- Participates in the activities required for the operation and maintenance of systems by recommending changes and corrections to provide for new needs for users.
- Assist in reviews and designs training manuals and procedures for the system users.
- Undertakes training evaluation programs.
- Participates in onsite systems orientation programs.
- Installs any software packages for work purposes including Windows and Linux Operating systems, anti-virus and office packages.
- Degree, Diploma, Certificate. City & Guilds Apprenticeship qualifications).State length of time required for the qualification
- First Degree in Computing and Information Technology
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Programming language certification (i.e Java or any RDBMS)
- 5-10 programming experience years
- Designed and proposed electronic system until implementation
The post is for an initial period of one year renewable on good performance.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV’s, a cover letter and proof of qualifications.
The Secretary for Health
Ministry of Health and Child Care
PO Box CY 1122, Causeway
1st Floor, Kaguvi Building
Fourth Street/Central Avenue
Salary and benefits will be notified to short-listed candidates.
Closing date for advert: 03 May 2022