- Post Date:February 8, 2022
- Views 364
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry ICT
Employment : Short term contract
About the organisation
Media Monitors is a strategic media support organisation with 20 years of experience in supporting three critical pillars: Citizens access to information, Enhanced media credibility and performance, and Supporting partner communication and media objectives. To contribute to these pillars, Media Monitors has undertaken specific programmes and provided strategic media and communication support services through: Media monitoring and strategic media research; Journalism training and capacity building to strengthen media performance; Strengthening citizens access to information on critical issues; Supporting media rights and freedom of expression advocacy; Data mining, and analytics to provide insights on strategic communication objectives that include information dissemination, knowledge building, reputation management and competitor analysis among others
Media Monitors is seeking to hire a skilled software engineer for a short term software development project. Duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, development of an interactive user interface, directing system testing and validation procedures.
- Developing and writing code for MM’s current project;
- Directing system testing and validation procedures;
- Software programming and documentation development;
- Consulting with departments or customers on project status and proposals;
- Working with Data capturing and archiving department on technical issues including software system design and maintenance;
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of the systems or modifications;
- Consulting with engineering staff to evaluate software hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements;
- Designing and developing software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences;
- Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status;
- Conferring with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of the Python programming language;
- Knowledge and experience of API application;
- Knowledge of system development life cycle;
- Innovation and creativity;
- Keen interest in programing and API application;
- Team player;
- Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering;
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete application;
- The desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or related degree;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in software development;
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
Please send your CV and motivational letter to the following email: [email protected]
Deadline: 11 February 2022