- Post Date:August 24, 2021
- Views 721
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry ICT
Business Unit: Technology Services
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Department: Technology Services
Vacancy Manager: Digital Transformation & Innovations Manager
Purpose of the job
Developing software applications (in-house) in line with the Digital Transformation
Main Focus Areas
Software Applications Development
- Delivering across the entire software life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release, and support.
- Developing high quality Java application software.
- Writing clean and healthy structured, well documented Software Systems applications’ code
- To build future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in-order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team
- To deliver Enterprise applications code which is well tested and consistently error free
- Gathering requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional Enterprise application solutions
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Working along other systems developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the software systems
- Building robust APIs and integrate to Third Party Systems
- Optimizing performance for the enterprise applications.
- Keeping up to date on the latest industry trends in enterprise applications.
- Building prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
- Explaining technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Building reusable libraries and code artefacts.
Communication and Problem Solving
- To contribute regularly to discussions regarding internal process and system improvements to ensure maximum efficiency across the Bank. Including suggesting technical solutions to problems.
- To make sure written reports and are written and adhere to brand/template and client communication is at an excellent and professional level.
- To use Software Development expertise when writing and reviewing mobile apps code.
- To assist in critical support issues where Software Development Expertise is required to ascertain the issue quickly and to find the more appropriate resolution.
Compliance and Regulatory
- Ensuring all documentation for all systems are available
- Ensuring Systems and Applications comply with regulatory bodies such as RBZ, PCI, ZimSwitch
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems of Informatics Integration Certification
- At least an Enterprise Framework Certification e.g., Spring, J2EE is required
- 1 year application development experience
- Systems integration/application rationalization/standardization
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/Spring)
- Source Coding Version Control Systems GIT/Stash
Job Related Knowledge
- Knowledge in building and integration tools including Jenkins, auto deployment tools Strong knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology
- In-depth knowledge of GraphQL REST and SOAP web services.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] with the Heading: “Software Developer” attaching scanned certified copies of academic certificates and national ID.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 26 August 2021 @ 1630 hrs