Socio-Economic Research Intern
- Post Date:May 31, 2022
- Views 445
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Type of Contract: Internship
Post Level: Recent Graduate
Location: 79 Harare Drive, Marlborough East, Harare
Starting Date: 15 June 2022
The research internship provides direct exposure to Barefoot Education for Afrika Trust (BEAT) work which is to promote knowledge innovation for development and lifelong learning and education. You will play a core part in: co-creation of knowledge, participatory approaches to developing content (technical, policy etc.), and applied research to trigger conversations that drive personal growth, community transformation and ultimately African development. The intern will work under the supervision of Professor Rukuni, who is a renowned development strategist, all-round academic and author. The long-term goal is to turn the internship into a career.
Responsibilities and duties
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research on social and economic issues in Africa;
- Provide research, writing and editing support;
- Assist the organization in facilitating workshops, conferences or other events;
- Contribute to designing and implementation of initiatives, projects or programmes;
- Other relevant tasks as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Excellent writing skills, as well as strong analytical aptitude and strong oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills: being able to listen and collaborate with a wide range of players, being able to work independently, being pro-active and taking initiative;
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of colleagues;
- Computer proficiency: MS Office and PowerPoint;
- Language proficiency: English, Shona, and any additional Zimbabwean indigenous languages are an advantage;
- Sensitivity to cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age differences.
- At least a First degree in any social sciences / humanities, and a Masters/PhD student would be an advantage.
Please send your CV and motivational letter to: [email protected]
Deadline: 10 June 2022
Related Jobs (19)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022