Social Work Graduate Intern
- Post Date:September 23, 2021
- Views 318
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: Case Management Officer
The Salvation Army-Howard Mission Hospital is a registered faith based organization providing clinical and social services to marginalized communities in Mashonaland Central of Zimbabwe. The organization is committed to improve the wellbeing of people through quality health care, child protection and household economic empowerment. A dedicated team of experts with a mix of unique talent is helping the organization in addressing the community’s connected challenges.
- Ensuring adherence to the Pathways Case Management Standard Operating Procedures;
- Conducting individual and household assessments and verifications;
- Identifying children in need of protection and health services supported by the program, assess and link them with resource systems;
- Work closely with Department of Social Development to conduct follow ups and home visits;
- Assist the Social Development Officer to convene and case conferences for complex child protection cases as required;
- Assist the Social Development Officers in convening District Child Protection Committees (DCPCs) and records of such meetings;
- Support CCWs to ensure that all children access critical services
- ; Assisting in the documentation and evidence-building for case management;
- Maintaining proper and up to date case management files;
- Assessing clients for case plan achievement and graduation readiness;
- Generating reports as required;
- Ensure any violations or non-compliance to Howard Hospital Child protection and safeguarding policy are reported to the safeguarding focal person;
- Participate in planning and conducting training of and adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy from the perspective of the program and in general;
- Support and supervision of project sites;
- Train volunteers on data collection tools;
- Check data quality on documents submitted data by volunteers;
- Facilitate monthly volunteer feedback meetings.
Education and experience
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- A university degree in Social Work;
- Registration as a Social Worker in terms of the Social Workers Act (Chapter 27:21) added advantage;
- At least one year experience working with vulnerable groups, particularly children;
- Experience of working with either children, women, local community structures and government structures;
- Excellent report writing and communication skills; Ability to work with little or no supervision;
- Results oriented and able to work under pressure and with strict deadlines.
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment;
- Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural teams;
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members;
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities;
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
The selected candidate must commit to the Salvation Army Howard Hospital Safeguarding policy. Our Safeguarding policy and procedures include screening the selected applicant on criminal charges on offenses prior to contract signing.
Applications, including Curriculum Vitae, Cover letter indicating area of residence, academic and professional certificates. Please also indicate at least two professional references of previous line managers to the Human Resources Officer [email protected] copy to [email protected] and [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to bring certified copies of all academic and professional certificates.
Due to anticipated high volumes of application, please note that the selection team will only respond to shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from SA-HOWARD HOSPITAL by 29 September 2021, please know your application has not been considered this time.
Deadline: 26 September 2021
Related Jobs (7)
Research Nurses and Research Assistants (Bulawayo) on October 5, 2021 Contract