Social Protection - Technical Advisor-Programme Support Team (PST)
- Post Date:May 24, 2021
- Views 414
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
The Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare in collaboration with a Development Partner UNICEF invites suitably qualified professionals for the position of Social Protection – Technical Advisor-Programme Support Team (PST) within the Ministry:
The Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare (MOPSLSW) is central to Government of Zimbabwe’s achievement of national social development priorities. The National Development Strategy (NDS1 2021-2025) launched by His Excellency the President in November 2020, commits the Government of Zimbabwe to improving the care and protection of vulnerable groups including children, persons with disabilities and the elderly. The Ministry. in collaboration with Development Partners is therefore establishing a Programme Support Team (PST)at national level to provide technical assistance and strategic support for the delivery and scaling up of the Ministry’s key priority programmes under the social development, disability and humanitarian assistance portfolios The Post
Social Protection – Technical Advisor-Programme Support Team (PST)
The primary role of the Social Protection Technical Advisor is to strengthen the Ministry’s role in programme coordination and management of all social protection programmes, resource mobilization, standard setting, implementation, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation such that the capacity of Ministry of Public
Service, Labour and Social Welfare is enhanced. The successful candidate will be contracted on a performance-based contract with clear deliverables and work plan.
Reporting to the Director, Social Development, the key responsibilities of the Social Protection Technical Advisor are as follows:
Policy planning and coordination
Working close with the Department of Strategic Policy, Planning and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support the Ministry with the development of relevant social protection policies and strategies as and when required
- Support with the development of costed implementation plans for the developed policies and strategies
- Support the Ministry and Development Partners in the development of a joint costed annual work plan to deliver the priorities of the sector and prepare progress reports on their status through the key coordination platforms.
- Support the Ministry in the preparation of the Annual National Budget and development of the budget strategy paper and related discussions with the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development in mobilizing Development Partner support to cover any shortfalls.
- Provide support to the strengthening of the National Social Protection Steering Committee and its underlying Technical Working Groups and ensure their effectiveness as coordination platforms for social protection.
- Support coordination between key Ministries and development partners in implementation of social protection programmes in both rural and urban spaces.
Programme design and implementation
Working closely with the Department of Social Development:
- Support with development of operational manuals for the key social protection programmes
- Provide technical support in improving the social protection delivery systems that are cost efficient, effective and interoperable.
- Support the Ministry in reviewing and conducting monitoring and evaluation activities in support of key Government and Development Partner social protection programmes and provide summary reports on achievements and challenges
- Provide technical support on designing and implementation of key social protection programmes and development of programme operational guidelines.
- Support with the development of a road map for closer alignment and integration between humanitarian and long-term social protection programmes.
- Support with the readiness of the social protection system and the scalability of key long-term social protection programmes to respond to different shocks and serve as conduits for channeling additional resources.
- Support in carrying out capacity needs assessment of the Ministry and support the development of annual staff development plans
- Provide technical support to National, Provincial and District Social Development Offices in delivering the key social protection programmes in accordance with their operational manuals and to set standards
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in one or more of the following fields: economics, social or political sciences, development, agriculture, environmental sciences, disaster risk management or related field
- A Master’s Degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 8 years of working on Social Protection in Zimbabwe. Those with strong policy experience but fewer years of Social Protection experience may be considered.
- Experience of working with Government stakeholders at senior level
- Strong ability and experience to coordinate and laterally lead across multiple units, organizations and partners such as NGOs, senior government officials, donor representatives, and UN Agencies.
- Ability to work in teams and individuals, with excellent work planning and management skills ideally demonstrated through previous work experience
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to take initiatives and deliver results with little supervision and support
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, with the ability to organise events and workshops, and draft documentation and policy documents and guidelines.
This role is initially for a two-year period but with options for further renewal and the incumbent signing renewable contracts subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
NB: Candidates, [especially women], are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted for interviews
Terms and conditions of services will be disclosed to the shortlisted candidates.
Applications must be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with contact details and copies of academic and professional qualifications, National I.D. Card and Birth Certificate to reach the undersigned not later than 27 May 2021 on the given address. Alternatively applications can be emailed to [email protected]
The Director – Human Resources
Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare
8 Floor, Compensation House
Cnr 4th and Central Avenue