Social Protection Implementation Research (IS) Project Coordinator
- Post Date:July 28, 2021
- Views 465
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: Deputy Executive Director
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment. OPHID, works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions. OPHID is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following post:
The Project Coordinator is responsible and accountable for all aspects of the Impact of Social Protection on HIV/TB/Malnutrition Outcomes impact evaluation project. This project seeks to develop evidence to address the systemic nature of health inequality on both economic development and public health outcomes by creating a multi-sectoral platform that links social protection interventions to HIV/TB/Malnutrition diagnostic evaluation and linkage to care. This work will provide results of a first-of-its kind multi-sectoral research approach to addressing poverty and TB, HIV and malnutrition and evidence to help inform targeted intervention strategies moving forward.
The project coordinator’s role will require supporting completion of a scoping exercise of social protection programs in OPHID-supported areas of Zimbabwe, collection, cleaning and formatting select routine indicators within defined cascades of care, organizing and managing all project activities, meetings and reporting requirements. This post requires strong skills in both quantitative and qualitative data collection and reporting, as well as ability to work independently and produce high quality outputs within project timelines.
- At least bachelor’s degree in a Social Science discipline;
- Fluency in at least one local language;
- 3 years minimum experience as a project coordinator;
- Familiarity with data abstraction and consolidation from District Health Information System 2;
- Qualitative research experience/interviewing skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge and experience of social protection, TB/HIV/Malnutrition services and routine indicators in Zimbabwe;
- Good written and oral English;
- Good knowledge of MOHCC registers, data and indicators relating to HIV/TB/nutrition and experience in M&E and data collection and analysis;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Step 1: Complete the Application Form here
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 1 August 2021
Related Jobs (33)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract