As a social media manager, you will manage our various organisation’s online presence by developing a strategy, producing good content, analysing usage data, facilitating customer service and managing projects and campaigns. The ideal candidate is a hard-working team player who will play a critical role in creating original digital content across various social media platforms.
- Develop social media strategy
- Create original content
- Upload content to websites
- Develop original, creative and engaging social media content and strategies
- Manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tiktok and YouTube, adapting content to suit different channels
- Oversee, plan and deliver content across different platforms using scheduling tools
- Create engaging multimedia content (and/or outsource this effectively) across multiple platforms
- Develop, launch and manage new competitions and campaigns that promote our organisations and brands
- Form key relationships with influencers across the social media platforms
- Undertake audience research
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights
- Research and evaluate the latest trends and techniques in order to find new and better ways of measuring social media activity
- Analyse competitor activity
- Recommend improvements to increase performance
- Set targets to increase brand awareness and increase customer engagement
- Manage, motivate and coach junior staff such as social media executives or assistants as the team grows
- Manage a budget for social media activities
- Educate other staff on the use of social media and promote its use within your company (in-house roles)
- Encourage collaboration and communication across teams and departments
- Build and manage bulk email marketing
- Work with our web developers to create automated tools so as to assist with work loads
Skills & Qualifications
- Proficiency in many social media platforms
- Proficiency in written English grammar and punctuation.
- Fluency in Adobe suite of products (Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to advertising/branding and customers
- Copywriting and editing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- Strong communication and people skills for articulating ideas to colleagues and clients
- Leadership qualities to lead and motivate a team as the team grows
- Excellent team working, collaboration and networking skills
- Organisational skills, with the capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects
- Project and campaign management skills
- The ability to work well under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Skills in data analysis and interpreting statistics
- Online community management and customer service skills to strike the balance between publicity and stimulating direct discussion with potential and actual customers
- An eye for detail and the ability to work accurately
- Motivation and commitment.
- Web UX
- Photography & Videography
- Virtual Reality and Tours
What to Expect
- You’re likely to find the role challenging but rewarding, as social media and the wider digital marketing industry is a continuously changing and fast-paced sector.
- You’ll usually be office based but may sometimes travel to meet clients or attend relevant networking events and conferences.
You’ll usually work normal office hours, 0800 to 1700hrs, Monday to Friday. However, you may work longer hours, including evening and weekend work, if an event is happening.
Email CV AND PORTFOLIO to CV@GenesisBlockAfrica.com