Social Media and IEC Consultant
- Post Date:February 2, 2021
- Views 315
- Career Level Consultant
Assignment Title: Technical support services: Social Media and IEC Materials Production
Duration of Assignment: 6 months February – August 2021 (renewable)
Location of Assignment: Southern Africa, Virtual
Reporting to: SAPSN Coordinator
SAPSN is a membership-based network of national movements and community-based initiatives working on debt, trade, structural adjustment, poverty and globalization in the SADC region. Its work is to coordinate and support pro-poor grassroots based collective actions and people’s struggles against all forms of injustices, inequality and exclusion in Southern Africa. This approach is informed by the understanding that we live in a world of intersecting inequalities and thus there is need to bring collective power and voices to bear on systemic and transnational causes of poverty and injustices. From working with small scale farmers, rural women, young people and activists impacted by democratic reversals, SAPSN has been rooted in an organic approach defined by strengthening rights awareness, building consciousness and collective capacity to organize, resist and proffer alternatives. SAPSN convenes the annual SADC People’s Summit to give organised groups from throughout the Region an opportunity to collectively influence the SADC Heads of State and Government Summit’s agenda towards the strengthening of social and economic justice in the Region.
Background and Context
As part of a renewed push for regional solidarity and mobilisation for social and economic justice SAPSN will utilise innovative digital tools and tactics aiming to give voice and expression to Social Movements in the Southern Africa Region whilst at the same time bringing people driven and evidenced advocacy pressure to bear upon SADC leaders. To this end SAPSN will adopt the hashtag #2021peoplesyear to denote a commitment to sustained solidarity with the poor. The COVID pandemic and attendant lockdown restrictions to movement and assembly are expected to predominate 2021 thereby necessitating a sustained digital presence, strategic digital reach and accessible digital platforms. An accelerated social media presence in 2021 will enable SAPSN to better profile and represent the policy demands and developmental contributions of social movements in the Region. It will also spearhead mobilisation initiatives towards the major annual mobilisation around the SADC Heads of State Summit anticipated for August 2021 in Malawi.
Scope of services
Technical support to enhance the production and dissemination of SAPSN Social Media and IEC Materials in respect of i. SAPSN COVID-19 Campaign; ii. SAPSN Markets Campaign; SAPSN Social Media Strategy.
The Consultant will be expected to deliver the following:
- IEC Materials production – The Consultant is expected to produce digital IEC Materials packages for the SAPSN COVID-19 and Southern Africa Markets Campaign;
- SAPSN social media strategy – The Consultant is expected to support the maintenance and relevant updates to SAPSN social media platforms with a particular focus on the SAPSN Twitter account;
- SAPSN Monthly Newsletter – The Consultant is expected to support the production and dissemination of a monthly newsletter to profile SAPSN and SAPSN members’ initiatives within the Region.
Roles and Responsibilities
SAPSN will be responsible for:
- Preparing the Terms of Reference;
- Providing relevant background, draft texts, pictures and other required information for layout and uploads;
- Providing feedback and actively engaging with the consultant during materials production and dissemination processes;
- Purchasing relevant software and digital tools to enhance SAPSN social media platforms.
The consultant will be responsible for:
- Preparation of a work plan;
- Actively engaging with the SAPSN Team and SAPSN member organisations;
- Production of key deliverables in accordance with the requirements and timeframes of the Terms of Reference.
Qualifications and Experience
A proven track-record and relevant qualifications in the production of tec-enabled IEC Materials and management of social media platforms.
The assignment lasts for the duration of 7 months between February and August of 2021.
Mode of Payment
Payment will be made in accordance to the terms and conditions outlined in the contract between SAPSN and the Consultant
Key Contacts and Reporting
The consultant will work directly with the SAPSN Team based in Harare and indirectly with SAPSN national and thematic focal points around the Southern African Region.
Please send an Expression of Interest indicating proposed work plan costed budget and a Catalogue of accomplished work to [email protected]
Interested candidates must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Brief expression of interest explaining why they are the most suitable to perform the work and deliver the outputs;
- Financial proposal detailing the overall cost of the task;
- CV–this should highlight past experiences in similar projects/assignments and indicate at least 3 references;
- Examples of related work previously done.
The consultant/team will be selected through a competitive process based upon thorough and fair scrutiny of the technical proposals of the competing interested parties.
Deadline: 8 February 2021