Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Specialist/Community Mobilization (CM) Specialist - (21000310)
- Post Date:May 3, 2021
- Views 481
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Social and Behavior Change (SBC)/Community Mobilization (CM) Specialist will be a key project staff and will work collaboratively with the NMCP and partners as a member of the ZAPIM team to provide strategic input into the development and implementation of the Social Behavior Change strategy and for targeted, focused, culturally and contextually appropriate community engagement activities for specific areas of malaria intervention.
Contract Duration: This is a 5 year long project, contract renewal will be subject to performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or Masters in public health, health, development, or social sciences.
- At least 8 years of experience in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Social Behavior Change, Community Based Public Health, Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, education and or other development programs improving access, demand and quality of care, preferably in Zimbabwe and ideally including malaria prevention and treatment.
- Understanding of international public health and community development theory and practice. Strong theoretical background in behaviour change communication.
- Experience and background in institutional development and capacity-building approaches. Skills in participatory facilitation and competency based training.
- Significant experience working collaboratively and productively with a range of partners, including government, local and international NGOs, FBOs, CSOs, and communities.
- Strong organizational skills with ability and commitment to work in a fast-paced team setting with multiple priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; fluency in English and in any other vernacular languages (Shona/Ndebele)
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
To apply, follow the link below, attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Application Deadline – 13 May 2021
N.B: This is an urgent recruitment therefore applicants will be on rolling basis as they come, as such the advert may close if a suitable candidate is found before the due date.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. Save the Children is an equal employment employer, therefore, female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Related Jobs (31)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract