Social Accountability Advisor
- Post Date:June 14, 2021
- Views 496
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Region: Southern & East Africa
Job Category: Global Advocacy & Influencing
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 20 June 2021
Potential Interview Date: 29 June 2021
Do you understand the role that local churches can play in local level advocacy? Do you have a heart to see local churches catalyse their communities to hold their government officials accountable in order to achieve good governance? Do you have demonstrable experience and understanding of social accountability tools, such as government budget tracking, social audits and community score cards? Do you have a proven track record of supporting national church denominations to influence national level government ministries?
If yes, you could be the person Tearfund needs to fill this strategic role!
One of Tearfund’s three corporate priorities is church and community transformation, a term we use to describe what happens when local churches inspire and empower the citizens in their communities to identify common needs, and common resources to address them.
This role is responsible for the sustainable scale up of church-based advocacy, social accountability and governance work, as an integral part of church and community transformation, amongst Tearfund colleagues and church-based partners, by:
- Strengthening, designing and supporting delivery of contextually appropriate programmes through pilot and research programmes;
- Enhancing interest in, and uptake of, national and local level church-based advocacy methodologies, by envisioning and building the capacity of Tearfund colleagues and partners;
- Developing local level advocacy tools and resources, particularly those that can be used by local churches;
- Communicating and disseminating best practice, findings, lessons and methodologies.
You will be a committed Christian, with substantial experience of governance, social accountability and advocacy at the local and national levels. You will also have substantial experience of the practical outworking of Integral Mission in local churches.
You will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to influence other people through the building and establishing of relationships. You will be emotionally and spiritually mature, and able to win trust and respect across cultures, contexts and organisational structures. You will be a clear communicator, able to work flexibly, use your own initiative, lead specific tasks, think strategically, and be a strong team player.
- Applicants must be fluent in English language skills, both written and spoken.
- All applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
- This role can be based in Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe or South Africa and applicants must have the right to live and work in one of these locations
- Salary dependent on location
- Travel may be required, up to 8 weeks per year.
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.
Related Jobs (17)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist on July 22, 2021 Full Time
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract