Skilled Worker 1 (Fitter and Turner) (2 Positions)
- Post Date:January 3, 2021
- Views 333
- Qualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
JOB : SKILLED WORKER 1 (FITTER AND TURNER) (2 POSITIONS)
GRADE : 9
REPORTING TO : FOREMAN FITTER AND TURNER
Responsible for the repairs and maintenance of all mechanical plant and machinery, pumps (including boreholes and fountains), valves, boilers, gearboxes, crusher plant and equipment, laundry machines, conveyors, elevators, blowers, fans and ensuring optimum mean time between failures.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Disassembles and reassembles equipment and machinery.
- Installs plant and equipment.
- Repairs equipment and machinery.
- Machines machinery and equipment components to specified fits and tolerances.
- Trains and appraises performance of skilled worker Class 2,3,4, apprentices, Assistants and students.
- Supervises and allocates tasks to Skilled Worker Classes 2, 3 and 4, Apprentices and Student Attaches.
- Ensures safe working environment and practices in line with Factories and Works act
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Apprenticeship trained in Fitting and Turning with 3 years post qualification experience OR Trade tested Skilled Worker Class 1 in Fitting & Turning with 5 years post qualification experience.
- Class 4 Driver’s licence an added advantage.
Applications clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for, shall be addressed to:
The Human Capital Director,
City of Harare,
P O Box 1680,
OR hand delivered to
Rowan Martin Building,
Not later than 12 January 2021.