Skilled Worker 1 Electrician (8 Positions)
- Post Date:January 3, 2021
- Views 612
- Qualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
JOB : SKILLED WORKER 1 ELECTRICIAN (8 POSITIONS)
GRADE : 9
REPORTING TO : FOREMAN ELECTRICIAN
Responsible for installation and maintenance of High mast tower lights, streetlights, facilities, electrical plant and equipment such as power transformers, welding generators, standby power generators, motors and control gear, industrial stoves, air conditioning, ventilation systems and building lighting.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Installation and maintenance of High mast tower lights, streetlights, facilities, electrical plant and equipment.
- Installations of overhead and underground LV and HV electrical power distributions
- Planned maintenance (Inspects, diagnoses and corrects/repairs failed or malfunctioning equipment.)
- Reads and interprets electrical circuit diagrams and other engineering drawings
- Advises and recommends on methods of repair.
- Training, appraising and supervision of semi-skilled workers, apprentices, assistants and students
- Carries out any other duties as assigned by the respective Foreman.
- Ensures safe working environments in line with the Electrical Safety Regulations, Factories & Works Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act and Environmental Management Act.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Apprenticeship trained in Electrical Engineering with 3 years post qualification experience OR Trade tested Skilled Worker Class 1 in Electrical Engineering with 5 years post qualification experience.
- High Voltage switching certification up to 33kV is an added advantage.
- At least Class 4 Driver’s licence.
Applications clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for, shall be addressed to:
The Human Capital Director,
City of Harare,
P O Box 1680,
OR hand delivered to
Rowan Martin Building,
Not later than 12 January 2021.
Related Jobs (17)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time