Six (6) x Locum Data Entry Clerks
- Post Date:June 29, 2021
- Views 533
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
BRTI-HATIPP COP 20: Laboratory Systems Strengthening
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officers
Duration of employment: 3 months (July – September 2021)
Location: Kadoma, Marondera, Bindura, Mutare, Masvingo, Victoria Falls
The following vacancies have arisen within the Biomedical Research and Training Institute in Collaboration with MOHCC.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation or any related field;
- Computer literacy (ICDL certificate will be an added advantage);
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft packages; experience in data capturing in HIV laboratory settings;
- Experience in working in the laboratory is an added advantage.
Scope of Work
Viral Load/EID and other supported tests:
- Data Entry Clerk (DECs) will work closely with M&E officers to ensure good quality program data.
- The M&E officers directly supervise DECs.
- They will work collaboratively with other laboratory personnel to ensure targets for supported tests including Viral Load (VL) and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) are being consistently met.
- They will also collect data for all supported tests (e.g., Viral Load, EID, and TB test) from the various source documents.
- In addition, DECs will periodically reviewing and monitoring data sources including checking incoming request forms for completeness, accuracy and data integrity or registers for data accuracy, transcriptional and clerical errors.
- Maintenance of records of errors or challenges with request form completeness identified and communicating these to laboratory scientists or laboratory mentors.
Other duties include:
- Resolve data submission errors, data discrepancies and data error issues in collaboration with laboratory scientists or laboratory mentors;
- Timeously and accurately entering all requisite information from incoming test requests into LIMS or accessioning into registers;
- Performance of data quality checks to ensure all data that is used by the laboratory to prepare reports is valid;
- Implement and enforce proper data collection policies and procedures;
- Entering all test results into LIMS or other records before results are dispatched;
- Ensuring retrievable data filing or storage systems are developed and maintained;
- Ensuring records are maintained and stored safely away from damage or potential pilferage.
- Ensure secure storage of data in collaboration with the laboratory scientists;
- Monitoring records retention periods and maintaining such records in storage for these agreed retention periods;
- Sorting of results;
- Facilitating the sending of results to hubs and clinics in liaison with scientists and mentors.
Personal characteristics required
- High personal motivation and self-management;
- Pays attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- May be required to work flexible working hours;
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and accept feedback;
- Excellent time management;
- Reliable, diligent, detail-oriented worker who can see tasks through to completion;
- Accurate, honest, dependable, and flexible;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills;
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and handle and protect sensitive data with integrity;
- Ability to work with limited supervision and on own initiative;
- Ability to establish rapport with a variety of colleagues and to work flexibly with the line manager.
Interested candidates can submit their detailed CV and cover letter to:
The Human Resource Officer Biomedical Research and Training Institute
HATIPP COP20 Project,
10 Seagrave Road,
Or email: [email protected]
PLEASE SPECIFY IN THE EMAIL HEADER THE JOB POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
Please Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 2 July 2021
Related Jobs (27)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist on July 22, 2021 Full Time
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract