Sister in Charge
- Post Date:December 20, 2021
- Views 279
- Career Level NurseQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
A registered retirement home with a frail care facility in Masvingo is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Sister in Charge. The candidate must be a State Registered Nurse and they will be responsible for all the medical needs of both the frail care and other cottage residents.
- Providing direct care, administering treatments and medications, organizing, and distributing daily assignments to direct care staff consistent with staff competency and each individual resident’s comprehensive resident observation and plan of care.
- Working closely with the various resident’s doctors, procuring, and administering drugs, drips etc. as and when required.
- Ensuring compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Recording and maintaining accurate reports.
- Identifying issues or emergencies and responding in a calm and efficient manner.
- Mentoring and training new staff and providing support and guidance to all staff members.
- Maintaining close communication with the administrator with regards to special diets, resident welfare etc.
- Degree in Nursing Sciences
- Registered with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Previous experience with the elderly would be an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage and develop staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to prepare accurate reports.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Compassionate with sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle stress and work shifts.
Please email your application and CV to: [email protected]
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Closing Date: Thursday, 23 December 2021.
Related Jobs (113)
Administrative Assistant – Research & Innovation Directorate on January 19, 2022 Full Time