Shipping and Distribution Clerk
- Post Date:February 1, 2022
- Views 661
- Career Level ClerkQualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the position of Shipping and Distribution Clerk – Permanent within the Logistics Department. The incumbent will report to the Shipping and Distribution Officer and will be based at Head Office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5’O’level subjects including English Language and Mathematics or Principles of Accounts.
- Certificate in Business Studies /Transport and Logistics.
- At least 1 years’ experience in Transport and Logistics Office.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to work extra hours should the need arise.
- SAP knowledge.
- Analytical skills.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Facilitates movement of exports and imports.
- Raises loading instructions as when required in liaison with shipping and distributing officer.
- Tracking goods in transit.
- Raises truck hire quotations for transporters.
- Raises purchase requisitions manvally and computing into SAP
- Reconciles stocks weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Produces daily stocks report and weekly cabinet report.
- Confirms loading instructions.
- Budgets for goods movement.
- Distributing grains to needy areas.
- Routes and schedules trucks.
- Files documents.
- Adheres to and ensures adherence to safety, health and environment regulations and standard
- Performs any other work related duties as assigned by the Superior.
Applications in own hand writing accompanied with two copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer-Head Office
Grain Marketing Board
179-187 S. Machel Avenue
PRO Box CY77
Or email: [email protected]
Not later than 4 February 2022
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted