- Post Date:May 17, 2021
- Views 456
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
An exciting opportunity for the position of SHEQA Manager has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced person at Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd, a big local and international provider of high quality and durable timber-based solutions for both industrial and end user markets. The successful incumbent will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and recommends suitable pathways for the Company’s strategic SHEQA imperatives for the continuous improvement of SHEQA systems functionality and measurable performance.
- Advises line management and assists with the implementation of new and existing SHEQA-related legislation, rules and Company standards — inclusive of fire prevention, employee/environmental health and safety awareness/training, site inspections of Company and contractors.
- Carries out prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure active records of same are maintained.
- Investigates accidents and ensure all documentation is done and submitted to internal affected/interested parties and regulatory authorities.
- Develops suitable SHEQA Communication Strategy for all sites and levels of staff, to include written information, toolbox talks and management briefs.
- Full responsibility for Company preparations for periodic SHEQA internal and external audits.
- Liaison with HR Department for initiating and coordinating training pian and updating information for personnel, audit and NSSA requirements.
- Leads maintenance of current SHEQA accreditations and work towards the attainment of new that are necessary to support the business.
- Advises line management on factories, field, office and other work sites on SHEQA matters and manages this process to ensure ail day-to-day processes and operations conform to the Company’s SHEQA policy and SOPs.
- Provides support and expertise to line management on accident/incident investigation and reporting.
- Facilitates all forms of workplace risk assessment and acts as the final authority where a specialist advice is required in relation to SHEQA risk profiling and evaluation.
- Conducts SHEQA-related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to radiation/chemical substances and provides suitable recommendations for implementation.
- Produces and coordinates the yearly SHEQ action plan and longer-term SHEQA, roadmap, and prepares periodic reports for EXCO.
- Monitors the site “permit-to-work” system to ensure compliance with Company Standards.
Skills and Knowledge
- A team player — able to identify and rectify skills gaps and recommend implements suitable interventions.
- Excellent presentation skills are highly competent in use of the MS Office
- Highly analytical, with a flair for statistics
- Relevant Degree in Occupational Safety, Health and Environmental Management is a must.
- It will be an added advantage to have OSHMAC 1 and 2
- Further qualifications in SHEQA management and its individual key segments
- A SHEQ Practitioner, OSMHEMAC Certificate
- Five years’ experience in a mining/manufacturing/production environment, with progressive responsibilities.
- A remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
Interested candidates meeting the above specifications and qualifications should apply in writing specifying position being applied for and attach detailed resumes with 3 traceable referees no later than 21 May 2021 to email: [email protected] to the attention of:
The Human Resources Manager
Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd