SHEQ Officer Officer
- Post Date:May 26, 2021
- Views 190
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings.
- Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Provide regular reports to the Human Resources Manager, Board of Directors/Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety activities.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters. Liaise with suppliers i.e., Insurers, solicitors etc.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- Proven experience as safety officer
- In depth knowledge of legislation and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
Candidates who meet the job requirements should email their CVs to [email protected] with the heading “SHEQ” no later than 27 May 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 27 May 2021