- Post Date:April 22, 2022
- Views 312
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: Program Manager
Location: Hurungwe District
Family AIDS Caring Trust Zimbabwe (FACT) is a Christian based organization that was instituted in 1987 as Zimbabwe’s first AIDS Service Organization pioneering the HIV response in Zimbabwe. Since establishment, FACT Zimbabwe has been a leading National HIV and development organization implementing various projects directly and through partnerships. The organization’s programming focuses on 4 strategic pillars Safeguarding and Sustainable Livelihoods (SSL), Health and Well-being (HW), Strategic Information and Research (SIR) and Organizational Efficiency and Effectiveness (OEE).
The Shelter Matron will be expected to ensure smooth running of the GBV Survivors Shelter, take care of clients in the shelter and offer them counselling services. The Matron will work in close collaboration with the Ministry of Women’s Affairs Gender and Community Development and community leadership to ensure sustainability.
- Facilitate the admission of GBV survivors (women and girls) referred by stakeholders into the shelter to ensure safe space for the proper management and or referral of their cases;
- Assist survivors to access relevant services from government departments and other stakeholders as part of the referral pathway;
- Facilitate the engagement of survivors in vocational skills development and enhancement of life skills during their stay at the shelter;
- Provide basic counselling to clients in the shelter to assist them in managing their issues and offer continued psycho-social support to discharged shelter clients; Initiate dialogues between clients and their families / relatives in preparation for their reintegration back into the community;
- Manage inventory and asset register of all items in the shelter;
- Maintain a harmonious relationship with clients and community members and work hand in glove with community leadership and other critical stakeholders.
- A Degree in Social Work;
- At least 3 years’ working experience in similar position;
- A qualification in Counselling Para legal or Nursing will be an added advantage;
- Clear understanding of GBV policy issues;
- Broad understanding of human behaviour, family settings and causes of domestic violence;
- Mature, confidential, empathetic, client centred and able to work under pressure;
- Good administrative skills;
- Excellent written, oral communication and report writing skills;
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word and Excel;
- Able to work with communities, community leadership and district stakeholders
Interested candidates should send an application letter and CV to [email protected] by not later than the 25 th of April 2022
FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff, volunteers as well as outsiders may get into contact with. The organization’s mandate is to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs. FACT is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe, place of origin, political opinion, colour, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV / AIDS status or, subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Related Jobs (15)
Design Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer on August 13, 2022 Contract Full Time